Saturday, July 21, 2012

New Turquoise Necklace and Ginger Update

First, here is our Ginger Girl...she's about 10 months old now...

 She's a joy, she's a full teen in just about every sense, she's eaten parts of my flip flops, her bed, power cord parts. She loves day camp with the other pups but her tummy can't handle ice cream doggie treats. She helps mommy stay in shape and because of all of our (mostly) joyful walks, mommy has lost 15 lbs. I highly recommend adopting a puppy!!!

Here's my latest necklace I'll soon be listing it. I was able to finish soldering parts today as we have enjoyed a a break in the miserable heat.


This necklace is 16 inches from chain to top of pendant. All parts were made by me. The bezel holds a really pretty oval turquoise cabochon. The sides are adorned with little silver balls.

Side note...This design of the balls on each side date back to the 1950s, and probably can be found further back...I found this of great interest as many current etsy artists are sporting this look, including me!

In fact, it might pique your curiosity to discover many designs that have been revived from a very early period of last century. All of which (one would hope) are made using our own artistic interpretations.

The gorgeous sterling silver leaf hangs along the back side of the clasp. One the inside is stamped
DREAM
and my Makers Mark along with .925, see next photo.

I am in love with this piece, she's a beauty.

I hope you like it too, it's nice to be back in the studio. (I did enjoy making some stacking rings for a customer, and setting a pretty stone recently as well...)







No comments: