Friday, July 27, 2012

New Turquoise and Silver Ring for my Etsy Shop

...a freshly metal smithed ring a ding ding dinnnnnnnnga! I made this recently, will soon be listing it in my Etsy shop.

The turquoise cabochon is very pretty...this style of adding granules or silver balls along the side of the bezel can be dated back to the pre-1950s era of Native American silversmithing. I just love the look!

All parts were made by me, the back is fashioned as a cuff with a tiny opening. The metal is sanded and shine to its fullest brilliance. It will surely oxidize over time for you!

My makers mark and .925 are stamped on the back.

This ring is a size 7.25

The ring (though open in the back) is not adjustable because the shank is sterling silver (not fine silver)

There will be more of these soon!

Thanks for looking, ich liebe dich!

My muse for this ring was Nature...specifically- acrons! I enjoyed spotting them on my recent walks with my puppy, Ginger. I brought a few home and spent some mornings doing a watercolor study of them. This artisitc time really made my coffee taste Wunderbar!!! :-)



Here's a size reference of the ring with my hand as model...



It will be listed in my shop a little later today :-)

I hope everyone is well and dealing with this incredible heat!!! Hubby and I recently enjoyed a nice afternoon in D.C. watching our team, The Nationals, play. (we lost that game!) And it was a really rough day to have seats in the direct sun! It was a joy to see all the groups of little tiny kids at the stadium though. There were many teen boys there with their beloved baseball mitts hoping for a catch. We watched the "President's Race" in which poor Teddy always loses, poor Teddy!



5 comments:

liz r. said...

Beautiful ring, Care! I also love the necklace in your last post.

Sorry not to have commented recently--our summer has been a whirlwind. How did you fare in the big storm a few weeks ago?

My parents took my son to his first Nationals game last week--poor Teddy is right! But Screech signed a baseball for Jonah, which made his night.

Best wishes--

CarolynArtist said...

Hey Liz! (hugs)
Been thinking about you and the kids. This heat has been something hasn't it? Please don't ever apologize for not commenting :-) I'm glad to know you are still here. Jonah is lucky! I love that most of the t-shirt tossers aimed for the kids in the stands. We didn't lose power from the Derecho, but my FIL did and was here most of the week, how about you? I'm glad you're having a busy summer!!!

CarolynArtist said...

i meant to say *Thank You* about the ring and necklce!!!

liz r. said...

Hi Care,

(Hugs back)

Thanks for thinking of us! We all had the stomach flu just as school ended in June, but otherwise we've been well. The heat is incredible! We lost power for four days after the Derecho (Pepco).

We spent a week at a cabin in the Shenandoah Valley, very pretty and laid back. The kids spent most of their time wading in the river and roasting marshmallows.

Do you have any jewelry shows coming up?

OH, and I wanted to ask about Ginger's tutu. Post a photo!

CarolynArtist said...

huge bummer about stomach flu :/ those are so tough to get past! Funny, I bet your dids will remember the storm as a fun trip spent in the river and roasting marshmallows. :-) (maybe not?)All jewelry on Etsy still...we'll be back at the museum this spring, am looking for something this fall though, thanks for asking! Lol, Ginger's tutu, we got her a new Redskins jersey, and the plan is to move a tuto onto it by hand...hope I can pull this off, hubby won't be happy...