Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fathers Day Items & Sale

Hello.  Father's Day is around the corner and my instant heirloom Sterling Silver Golf Ball Markers are on sale. (so are all of my items) The discount code is LoveMyDaddy, use this during the check out process in my AutumnLeavesJewelry etsy shop to receive 20% off of your order. (this does not include shipping)

It's a wonderful time of year and I enjoy making these markers for you. I've got several orders that will be going out early this week. (thank you you-know-who for the multi earring order!)

I tend to post on facebook more than this blog, I'm trying to curb the habit back here. I enjoy both formats and especially the blog as it allows me to feel more connected to artisan friends and customers.

In other news my puppy Ginger has turned 9 months and is such a joy. Her latest trick remains the most frustrating for us- her ability to exit a locked crate. We currently crate her near us at night (much for her and our cats safety - until she's older) and if out of the house during the day she's crated downstairs. A padlock over the regular latch (knock on wood) has proven Ginger-proof. However her crate downstairs has 2 locks. We have one padlock. This will not do. One of the two crate locks in her downstairs digs has a second lock, she just learned to open this door today. We were gone for about 6 hours and came home to a very happy puppy, tail wagging, looking up from inside the kitchen beyond the baby gate.
Solution: Use 2 padlocks

Earlier today I learned to shoot a shotgun. We went Skeet shooting. Our dear buddy Marty has been so awesome in his instructions with safety, the 4 rules, and the fun shooting outings. I will say my preferred gun so far is a revolver. It's hard to recall the names of what I've shot so far. Today, my arms received a work out from holding each (of 3) shotguns up, yelling "Pull!" and trying my best to aim and hit the clay disk. My aim was not true but I did learn some valuable tips. Most valuable from Marty is to raise the shotgun right before I'm ready to yell the command for the clay disc to be tossed. Otherwise, my left arm gets overtaxed with weight during my wait to decide when to give said command.

This entry has started to feel longer than I had intended. I'll add a vid of me shooting today...
It's short and to the point:

Carolyn shoots 
Video of me shooting -very short vid


I have a new and wonderful source for stones (as in Cabochons) from Dana Evans. Dana practically runs the group The Ladysmiths in which I'm a member. I love her stones. She has a gift for getting wonderful shapes, color quality, and most of all a flat bottom on her cabs! I've got some earrings and rings to make soon.

There are now 2 version of my Illegitimi non Carborundum rings. I would say the plain band edge is more of a masculine/unisex version.
Illegitimi non Carborundum Ring

Please note: in the pic below this one both versions of the ring are shown, both NOW come with a complimentary stacker ring in the same size.



 The curvy edged is definitely more for the women.
Stacker Illegitimi non Carborundum

(this photo shows both versions of the ring, each will arrive in a gift box with tissue and bow, and each NOW is paired with a stacker ring) :-)



Hubby and Ginger have just returned from the dog park. Ginger is wiped out and quite smelly, she is hunkering down for an early night time, but momma is about to scoop her up and give her a warm bath.

I hope everyone is doing great.









No comments: