Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grand Time at Ratner Museum Ladysmith Art Show

My dad flew in from San Diego and I was over the moon...

I was blessed to meet Liz, who is a wonderful woman and we chat on this blog
(waves to Liz!!!) :-)

My beautiful sis in law Becky brought some friends to the show



Got to meet a not-so-distant cousin, Dayton Shepard and his lovely wife!!!


My friends Joanne and her hubby Kevin attended opening night

It was an incredible experience to show and sell our work in such an awesome museum. The Ratner is located in Bethesda, Maryland. I feel so blessed to be part of this strong group of women known as
The Ladysmiths.

There will be another show next year around the same time, I can tell you that all 10 of us who showed are so thankful for everyone who attended! (and those who helped out!)






4 comments:

liz r. said...

(This is my second try leaving a comment, I am having trouble cracking the spambot code.)

So nice to meet you, Care, and to see your work in person! Everything was even more beautiful than in photos, and I am so happy with the pieces I bought. Already looking forward to my next purchase! Thanks for being so friendly and welcoming.

The Ratner was a lovely venue; I'm definitely up for next year's show!

CarolynArtist said...

Liz! It was such a fantastic treat to meet you in person! Thank you for your support:) I hope the kids were able to cool off in the sprinkler, they were being soooooooo good!:)

CarolynArtist said...

PS I was so excited, and haven't done my inventory since the show , was trying to recall which ring you chose..
PPS Now you know I'd rather create art than pay attention to business details...

liz r. said...

Hi Care!

I chose the Poppy Bud ring with the slightly wavy shape. Have worn it every day and it's been perfect! So pretty and comfortable.

Yes, the girls went in the sprinkler as soon as they got home. They were so antsy, poor things.