Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Everyday Turquoise Earrings

These are metal smithed by me. They are not "tiny" though I did use a macro lens to photograph them. The size is just so perfect! The ear wires are very curvy to accentuate the curve of the luscious Sleeping Beauty turquoise round stones. All parts have been hand forged, a patina added, and they were tumbled to a high shine.

I have made a pair for myself, wore them today, and love love love them.

A note about the patina I have added to the silver:
The Silver components have been dipped in liver of sulfur BEFORE the stones were added. This is how I treat all of my stone set/stone added jewelry. I do this because chances are great if you choose jewelry that has been treated with stone in the solution, the stone might discolor or eventually fade. Our pretty stones need every chance to make it to the next generations as you choose to hand these lovely pieces down.



No comments: