Monday, May 30, 2011

Reading Joan Didion



Joan  Didion
The Year of Magical Thinking, this is a re-read, - savoring every word and feel as though I'm with her gliding through the hours. (I'll be on the look-out for a new read soon...)

Jonathan and I shared hours of gardening and a "date" out to a tool store (my kind of guy). The dirt felt so good under my hands, the burning sun revived something in me.

Changing times, so fast, so many at once...

My glasses are loose on the left hinge and I've been meaning to get them fixed for months. Lately I've been wearing my prescription  sunglasses almost everywhere I go instead, the sun is so strong I don't mind.

Watched Restrepo last night, then again today, if you get a chance to see it (and you are drawn to Independent Film, war stories, I highly recommend this.

God bless our brave men and women as they serve  for our countries freedom.

No comments: