Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another New Poppy Bud Ring Fresh From the Garden

Sterling Silver Ring with 18k Yellow Gold granules...I just fell so hard for this piece. (it's bold and chunky, kinda like me)

I started and finished it today...there's a lot of texture added to bring the piece to life (so to speak). I wanted the yellow gold to be a sweet serendipitous experience when you look at the ring from the top (as shown). The outer ring has been stamped with flowing leaves...the inside of the ring shank has my makers mark and .925. (I really need to get various karat stamps)
On the side of part of the outer poppy area is a texture showing shadow.

I'll be listing this later today with a shop update in my Etsy shop.

(hope everyone is staying warm)


4 comments:

My Art and My Soul said...

Hi Care, Your new ring is a beauty. I wish I could send you some of our heat;o) XXOO Sal too funny, my word verification today is oveno like in oven-o...

CarolynArtist said...

Hey Sal-Oveno, thank you, I really love the way the 18k gold pops, thank you for the heat, it's going to be a nicer day, before we get cooler temps tomorrow!!! :-)

CrashingBison said...

I love this ring, Care!! Such an elegant piece!! Super lovely!!!

CarolynArtist said...

thank you Vita, this ring is so me, I'm glad others like it too :-)