Thursday, March 3, 2011

Freshly Plucked From My Garden

I've been busy in my studio lately, here's the first for this week...I just love these stones (both are 12.5mm x 12mm x 4mm thick and Total 9.80ct/ 1.96gr.) These cabs were hand cut in Phrygian Valley, Turkey and are amethyst sage agates. The colors seem to get deeper the closer I was to finishing setting them. I've given them a simple serrated edge fine silver edging along the bezel and seated them on sterling silver. My makers mark and .925 are stamped on the back of each...for those of you who collect my work.
They are accompanied by very curvy ooh-la-la ear wires to compliment the curvy plumes deep inside the stones.



I was up at 3am this morning finishing them, along with a ring...yes it was that sort of sleep-deprived night. Luckily I had some cats, warm milk and my studio to fill my time :-)

3 comments:

Willow Branch said...

Those are just yummy!!!

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Pam, I lob these too...thanks for the no-licks! :-)

Gina said...

oooohhh.....I want them!! They are beautiful!