Friday, March 25, 2011

Fresh Buds For The Vase

Making these pretties got me through a rough week, I love the colors! I'm feeling my 'Native' background with these as well.

The Sterling silver earring background is textured, adorning pretty sky blue Sleeping Beauty Turquoise cabochons. Along the fringe are more turquoise beads and red carnelian to add a POP of color. Each metal part of these earrings were smithed by me.
My makers mark is on the back and stamped .025 (for those of you who collect my work.)
 I have made 2 pair, and will list them shortly in my Etsy shop. They are 2 and 1/4" from top of earwire to bottom of earring.



3 comments:

ckdowns said...

Oh my gosh, Care--these look WONDERFUL!! LOVE the color--and it's good to hear these brought you joy as you created them!

Take care--you've been on my mind--I'm getting reaquainted with my own life after the puppy drive and then two weeks of girls basketball tournaments (which included round trips to Bismarck for the state tournament). Since early February, my schedule has not been my own to control, but things are looking better now!!

Sending frosty hugs from the prairie (where spring has been delayed by a couple of major blizzards)

xoxo

Nay said...

.025?
Do you mean .925 :)

Love these!

CarolynArtist said...

Good catch Naaay, I guess it would be a little silver, and more alloys! (need to correct that, thanks!!!) :)
Oh Caroliiiiiine, you are one of the busiest people I know...and all with amazing intent my dear friend...hope you can find time to cozy up with some hot choccy and a book (congrats to the kids getting their bill passed in North Dakota!) Love those lady bugs:)!!!!!!!!!!!! Next stop, Kenmare News!