Sunday, January 2, 2011

Per Request...

I'll be adorning most of my pieces so you can see what they look like on...(thank you for the sweet convo about this piece!) :-)

It's so versatile, you can bring both loops (there is another about halfway up the chain, to the forefront as well... I like this view because it shows my handmade sterling silver clasp with the actual turquoise pendant...



Here's another piece I thought would look nice photographed "on"




 These, as well as others are available in my Etsy shop.

It's rather warmish and rainy and dark out today. How is it where you are? We went out with friends yesterday for lunch and then saw the remake of True Grit- I loved it! I'd like to see the original again, it's been soooooooooo many years since I first saw it. (Love those Coen Brothers!)

Hope everyone is having a nice start to their new year! :-)



5 comments:

CheekyLemur said...

There was a proper hoar frost this morning which looks absolutely beautiful over the trees. The temperature has since raised to a little over freezing....more snow is forecast for midweek.
Shouldn't ask me about the weather, I'm English!! lol

thebearaffair said...

Hi Care, I love your new pieces and I always like them displayed "on" as opposed to proped up. I think people are able to get a better idea of what they will look like on them that way. Have a great rest of the weekend - where does time go??? Hugs, Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Sal, I agree, it's such a better way to see how the piece "wears"
Hope your weekend was good too!!! xoxo

Julie, i thought you were in France???

Working on finishing a couple of more sterling silver necklaces...

Gina said...

I love your work, and am very glad you are modeling them, I too prefer to see what they look like "on". BTW, I love the pressed leaves!
Our weather is typical for Illinois, 5 degrees with 7" of snow last Saturday, this Saturday was 55 degrees and sunny with wind gusts up to 30mph. Forecasted for this weekend? 20 degrees with a slight chance of snow...and we wonder why the whole state is sick from November through March.

CarolynArtist said...

Gina, I love you too!!! Trying to get more photos of them "on" looking forward to more natural lighting as the days grow longer.
OMGosh...yeah, okay...you winter and my winter are very very polar opposite!
Last year was a freak of lovely nature for us, all that snow we received. Stay warm and eat some pumpkin pancakes girly!!!
Oh...and I STILL have the leaf you drew, this design is simlar, only I won't be putting stones into the leaf :-)