Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Swing, Sweet Frida

Frida Kahlo's colorful paintings, her fingers drenched in chunky colorful silver and stone rings, her big bold beautiful necklaces and the daring flowers in her hair are all behind this piece. She was injured young, and she was a survivor as an artist. Her cast kept her encased in so many ways yet she painted on and dealt with her physical pain.

In contrast I wanted this piece to move, she's kinetic. She swings. The hinged bar allows for this piece to be playful

When you wear her your fingers will be on the bar moving it, and then the turquoise moving the bottom piece over and over, give her a little shake and remember the joyful noises in this world.

My makers mark, and .925 are stamped along the back.

I love this piece!



Every part of this piece is made by me, not including the chain and clasp, which are both also sterling silver

Frida Kahlo

5 comments:

Nay said...

lovely!

CarolynArtist said...

THank you Nay! :-)

Willow Branch said...

Wow, Care. That is really something else. I love how this whole piece came together.

Pam

Less is More said...

Hi good day ! nice post you have . It's very nice , I have plan to setting up my garden can you give me an idea or steps on how to make it beautiful. i have heard some garden accessories such as garden spinners , wind chimes , wind spinners and many more . I want to try this things in my garden but i don't know how to get the right accessories . I hope you can help me . thank you .

CarolynArtist said...

Pam,thank you... :-)