Thursday, October 7, 2010

Frida and Feathers

I've been channeling Frida Kahlo this week (see post below) and spent today making these earrings for you.

They all swing on their hinge, have gorgeous flowing lines and hold similar symbolic meaning.

All are meant to remind us of the joy of freedom.

Freedom to move
Freedom to dance
Freedom to come out of the dark and shake the dust that holds us down at times out of our heads and fly.

(my last 2 pair of feather earrings sold reather quickly so I was itching to make more, each pair is individually made)


Feather Earrings so Sweet
Feather Earrings in Sterling Silver

Feather Earrings so Free


...and as I was getting photographs of these earrings, Bart came around and had so much to say...you should have heard him mew!


3 comments:

Maryann said...

Gorgeous new pieces Care! They certainly look very liberating,both to wear and to have created them.
Don't you just love it when your darling pet has so much to say? Our budgie is like that quite often and I am amazed at how excited he can get!!
(Love the gift just received Care.Many,many thanks!)

thebearaffair said...

Love your new pieces and also love your new profile pix:) Hugs, Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Maryann, yay I'm glad it arrived safely! :-) Yes, they mew so much when they come in or want in, or want out, or want to be fed...it makes me giggle!
Thank you Sal xxx