Monday, October 11, 2010

Final Hours

of my sale, there's still a few hours to take advantage...and (not related to the sale) even though my birthday was Saturday, as you probably know (if you know me) its been extended thru today :D Nothing like adding a little extra joy!!!

Yesterday the troops headed  out to see the Redskins beat the Packers in OT...here they are...
Grandpa Bert, Angelica and Dad

back photo to show her new jeresy

I have no photos of my slow cooked stew, but it was so good.  I was channeling Julia Child as I actually dried each cube of beef before browning, sans pearls and high heels. Everyone was quite hungry upon retruning from the game. What did they do right after dinner? Watch the next game...
On Saturday we had a fun evening out with our daughter and friends to one of our favorite Irish Pubs. Since lowering my daily salt intake I could certainly taste it in the the Shepherd's Pie, but I didn't give a hoot, it was good pub food!
We came home to birthday cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake (I just recently learned how famous they are...and more important- how delicious!)

We spent the rest of the evening singing karaoke, I think I've worn everyone out over our selection of karaoke cds. Time for some new ones.


The US Post office reopens tomorrow and I'll begin to get my orders out.
THANK YOU SWEETEST OF THE SWEET CUSTOMERS
it means the world to me when you purchase from me!

(i wish i could give you all a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake!)



4 comments:

Sandi/sassyglassdesigns said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carolyn!

susie said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful birthday weekend- wishing you a great year:)

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday and go 'skins! :)

CarolynArtist said...

Hiii I meant to say thank you, THANK YOU! :-)
Miss Sassy (Sandi) I wore your ring I purchased from your shop to class in Alexandria today and got lots of compliments!!! :-)