Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sitting Bull had a lot to say

and I chose this tame quote for this garden infused chunky silver bracelet/cuff.

Front of cuff



Back of cuff


Every piece is soldered (no prefab jump rings) the bracelet is easy to put and and take off by yourself. It's super comfy, though thick sterling silver, it has a very soft feel.
My makers mark and .925 are on the back (as you can see) along with the rest of Sitting Bull's quote.
Sitting Bull was a Dakota leader and if you follow my blog I have a love of the indigenous people from this part of the world, there's a strong connection through my grandmother who was born and grew up on the Santee Sioux Reservation (but that's such a small snippet of her amazing life) ...she really is my muse in so many ways. (love you and miss you Grandma)

Reminder that I have these to sell in my shop as well

Hinged Hoops
they are really super light on, but made with nice gauged Sterling silver,  and  they swing! :-)


Busy week for me coming up! not too much news on the personal front. Just creating pretty pieces for you, the ongoing studio classes start back up in Alexandria. And it's beginning to feel a lot like Fall!!!

What's it like where you are?

5 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

I love that gorgeous bracelet.You do beautiful work.
I'm looking forward to fall. We've had over 70 days of over 90 degree weather and little to no rain. I need some cool....

susie said...

Oh my, love the Sitting Bull piece (so sturdy yet feminine and floral and antique looking like it's been around forever).

It's still pretty warm here during the day, but the soybeans are all turning gold (fields of gold all around the house just like the Sting song). The nights are cool, and the trees are just starting to turn orange around the edges.

thebearaffair said...

Love the bracelet. It's etched - right? How long did you leave it in the solution? I'm planning to experiment tomorrow. Hugs, Sal

CheekyLemur said...

Beautifully excecuted.
We are experiencing four seasons in a day here in France, All the extremes the weather can muster....don't know what to wear!!

CarolynArtist said...

Carolyn that is a lot of hot weather, no wonder you're looking forward to cool temps! Susie now I have that amazing song in my head - love that song!!! Sal, hiii, no more than 10 mins for a super fresh batch of the mordent! (silver, not copper or brass) Julia how is that? (why is that?) Jodi and I were thinking we need to come visit your new studio!!! (in your beautiful 1700s, newly renovated French house!!!)
thank you guys for the sweet comments on the bracelet, still not listed, not sure if I'd like to keep this one :)