Thursday, September 9, 2010

little flower vase and ring holder...how could i resist making this piece?


Hello, it's been a very busy long fun day in the studio. I did break down and make iced coffee in my daughters favorite mug. I rocked a vintage apron, had my soldering ears on and wore my mask for the fumes. (oh and btw I ordered 2 more pair of ears from an Etsy shop) I love spending my money from fellow artists as opposed to...MASS production made in...yada yada-ville


Here's the latest for my AutumnLeavesHome shop
I've yet to name it, surely she deserves a name.
If I can keep my sales up in my AutumnLeavesJewelry shop I can continue to make more Art pieces like this...oh and I have so many  in mind (can you artists relate???)


and with rings

all parts are made by me, even the tube, I just couldn't put a pre-made one on.
My makers mark and .925 are stamped on the back. She sits perfectly flat and as you can see, well she's a lovely work of functioning art.

These
Turquoise Post Babies will be listed soon...

as will these

It was a turquoise filled post making day!


This artist will take tomorrow off (so she says)

We received wonderful feedback from the white knitted dress sold from LuxeCoop, so far the shop has done very well.

I'm all caught up on my orders from my weekend sale. The crickets are chirping, windows have been open all day allowing the really nice air to flow through this old house.

Hope everyone is having a great day!



8 comments:

Nay said...

I love the little flower vase and I'm dumbfounded on how you made it with a little butane torch!
You rock!

ckdowns said...

Oh, Care, that sweet flower vase is too much!!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Nay, the tube was made here with my Blazer, no kidding! There's a way you can get the seam to heat up and the solder just flows! I think I may have added the base in Alexandria, and the rest here (details of the base)
Caroliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!! It holds those tiny clippings of flowers :-)

The Weeping Willows said...

I love the flower vase/ ring holder. a great piece of work.
Oh and by the way im wearing my silver stacking rings which I bought from you last year today.....still love them!!

:-)

Fanciful Expressions said...

I love that little flower vase. It's so adorable! You've got talent, woman.

CarolynArtist said...

Pammmmmmmmmmmmm! I cannot believe you recall the date? Wow. Your Candy's Heart necklace is oft worn, I love it, and I always think of you!!! :-)
Carolllyyyyyyyyn, thank you! :-)
*sipping old fashioned hot cocoa*

Barbara Lewis said...

Love the jewelry, of course, and who could resist a little sterling vase that also displays your great rings ... but the Redskins mug ... Go 'Skins! One more day and counting!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Barbara! thank you :-) Yes go 'Skins!!! (please win!)