Thursday, September 2, 2010

Insomnia and Exhaustion and Craving Color

Nights are getting shorter and I'm beginning to feel like I need to start adding color (stones) to my pieces again. My butane for my torch can not get her fast enough. Soon...soon, Care - soon...

In the mean time I've been busy with other busy-work things. Getting gift boxes stamped and Thank You cards ready.

My knitting hands are at it and last night I began a pair of mittens using DPNs (double pointed needles) I would love to have a pic here, because the color is luscious!)

Yesterday I was able to finish this and add it to my shop
Autumn's Petite Spinner Ring Size 8.25


Though the actual pic I took was this:



These were also added to my Etsy shop:
(they really swing and move with you as you wear them, love them)



a little girl from our neighborhood came over to my front yard and asked me why I was taking pictures of jewelry inside of flowers. I tried to get she and her little sister to notice the butterflies all over our butterfly bush (so I could keep snapping shots of my new earrings) but she was more interested in this odd mix of metal over flower. So, I explained the sun and the shine of the silver and the background and macro lens, and before long she was looking at the butterflies on the butterfly bush and tuning me out. Her little sister, who can walk very well now, was picking up these small white rocks from my garden, she would get 1 or 2 in her tiny fist and go for a 3rd and drop the others, she kept at it till her mother told her we don't need those white rocks honey, put them back. I guess kids are attracted to what is at eye level to them. It was a welcome diversion to see the girls and their mom and chat a bit.

In other news:

I've opened up the gates to taking all custom orders (including spinner ring orders) again.
Hopefully I'll have some new chunkier and funkier ones out soon.



That's it from me,  later today I may add a photo of my mittens I'm knitting. I've been up since around 3, and will try to get more zzzz's.
Edit::: Fresh photo of new mittens, doesn't it look so inviting to you knitters out there?

4 comments:

Nay said...

I simply adore those new hoop earrings. OMG too cute!

Willow Branch said...

I love those hoop earrings too. I'd love to really know how to knit. I made a pair of fingerless gloves last year, but don't remember where I saw the instructions. It wasn't in the round (no idea how to do that) so I had to stitch them up, but I really loved doing it. I have to hold my mouth just right so I don't slip a stitch or lose count, but I liked it.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Nay! :-) they really swing! a ding ding ding
Pam,I had to really dig throgh my old knit book of old mitten instructions to find it...and yes, the language of the instructions can require full attention (lol at you with your mouth fixed open!)

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Nay! :-) they really swing! a ding ding ding
Pam,I had to really dig throgh my old knit book of old mitten instructions to find it...and yes, the language of the instructions can require full attention (lol at you with your mouth fixed open!)