Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Two More Pieces from Today



I made these today, I think I'm going to keep the big huge ring
I've named it
Organic World
The turquoise colors are amazing!
The beaded rim reminds me of her old Indian pieces she wore all the time
I  gave the bezel a very wavy organic feel

This ring is an ode to my grandmother
(i  love you grandma...)


This will be for sale in my Etsy shop
AutumnLeavesJewelry

ThisPrettyWorld

Pretty turquoise surrounded by elements that remind me of stars. I've upcycled some silver to make the bead that hangs freely from the pendant, it can represent anything related to the earth, I was thinking of a planet or a silver cloud...

The necklace hangs 18"
My makers mark is on the back to show that I value this piece and as an artist, I sign my work.
It's also morked .925



Size reference of the two pieces

9 comments:

susie said...

Love the turquoise you've been using- just beautiful!

Maryann said...

Would turquoise be your favourite gemstone by any chance Care??Definately keep the ring for yourself. Such a unique and amazing creation.

xx

CarolynArtist said...

Susie, thanks- me too, I love how each stone carries its unique patterns :-)
Maryannnnnn, it's up there in my favorites, such a reminder of the pieces Grandma wore daily, and she was like a mother to me in so many ways (who am I kidding? She was my mother figure) :-)...I sure love a pretty ruby, they are certainly pricey though.
I want the big huge ring I'm keeping to fill in with oxidation via air, lol...I think it will be prettier.

CheekyLemur said...

Have you tried oxidisation with a boiled egg? works amazingly well.

Ms. Givens said...

These are wonderful!

CarolynArtist said...

I could do that Julia, I don't like the purple look of the uneven oxidation, but maybe I will :-)
Thank you Ms. Givens! :)

Barbara Lewis said...

Beautiful stones, but equally as beautiful metalsmithing!

CarolynArtist said...

been wearing the huge ring, it feels pretty good to actually make and keep a big ring for myself!
:-)
I still have no spinner ring for myself...

CarolynArtist said...

Barbara I just saw your comment and wanted to say thank you for the smithing compliment!!! :-)