Friday, June 11, 2010

News from LuxeCoop

and a very heart-felt thank you to you sweeties who placed orders yesterday! (A huge hug to the woman who sent me pics of the little fawn...you know who you are!!!)




Looks like my daughter, Angelica, and I will actually cross paths later today and get some photos of a new piece for our collaborative shop. (she made this piece) It's hard to pin her down as she works both jobs and likes to have a social life apart from her parents. ;p


This is an old pic, (I'm just starting to scan my older photos...as you can see I need to clean the screen of my scanner!) of my daughter and I. It was Halloween. As I recall my daughter changed her mind so many times before deciding on being a Cat for this candy-begging night. We made her costume...I just couldn't plunk down the money for something mass produced back then, I'm still a bit like that...I prefer home made items. So...it rained, but not before she raked in her cache and we snuggled by the stove heating up old fashioned hot apple cider. (Can you imagine cider and candy before bed?) You moms out there can relate I'm sure.

This was the 80's (yes I was a young mom) check out the size of my glasses and my pants are hiked up to my belly button...

A loving memory isn't made purely from a photo; it's made thru love and action, and a promise that you will love another person unconditionally for eternity. I love being my daughter's mother. Period.



'...the root of the root...'
-ee cummings


7 comments:

The Weeping Willows said...

I love this post. Mums rock!

CarolynArtist said...

Yes we do!!! (you too!) :-)

ckdowns said...

Oh my goodness--I HAD those pants!!! :-) This is why I cannot be convinced these days to wear "vintage 80s" clothes--and tapered jeans--yikes!!! But you and Angelica make one ADORABLE pair here--what a mom!!! What a kid!!!! And what a night that must have been--look at your smiles! That's what family love is all about!!!

:-)

CarolynArtist said...

Oh Caroline!!! Vintage 80s items make me cringe ;p I can see how other (younger?) folks like them, not this gal. Poodle perms and shoulder pads at one point.*cough*

thebearaffair said...

Love it....I remember making many a halloween costume in my younger days and even made a cute one for my oldest grand daughter - sure miss those days:O)

CarolynArtist said...

Oh Sal, you too...you know what I mean, I miss those days, more-so I cherish them!!! I think we sent more time baking and making artsy things than making halloween costumes!

CarolynArtist said...

dang "p" is still sticking sorry, I meant to say sPent, not sent