Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Spinners Available and I've Gone Green in The Process

I now have 4 more spinners to list, and am so happy to say they have been "pickled" (a process we smithers use to remove gunk after soldering) in an eco-friendly solution, no more chemicals!


I've also thought long and hard and have decided to not use the chemical for accelerated oxidation anymore.

This means that all of my spinners and other pieces from this day forward are shiny silver. If I use a product to oxidize (instantly add the very popular black look) called liver of sulfur, I will do this using an eco-friendly manner as well - Egg

I have promised Nay to put a video up for her
Hoping to have one up this week. It's very easy actually. The only issue I have ever encountered is it is a slower process, and you might not get the very dark black look, but could end up with some pretty neat dark purples and other colors, (which will probably oxidize over time on their own)

Here's what I yeilded today for my Etsy shop, going to list them now, will make more next week:

Petite Spinner Ring Ready to Ship - no Oxidation
size 7 3/4
Etsy Listing

Petite Spinner Ring Ready to Ship- no Oxidation
size 8
Etsy Listing












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomboy Petite Spinner Ring Ready to Ship - no Oxidation
size 7 1/4
Etsy Listing

Tomboy Petitie Spinner Ring Ready to Ship- no Oxidation
size 8
Etsy Listing

4 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

What are you using for your pickle? I've been using vinegar and table salt in a little crock pot and it works quite well.

Gotta say I love your rings.

Willow Branch said...

Yay for your re-opening!!! Your little spinners are gorgeous whether they're shiny or oxidized.

*hugs*

Pam

thebearaffair said...

I've always preferred the natural look of the sterling. Couldn't understand why someone would pay what we smithers pay for sterling then make it look like tin;0)

CarolynArtist said...

Vinegar and salt! That's IT, it's great! It has a funny smell, but it's not toxic...(it doesn't smell as funny asliver of sulfur)
((((((((((Paaaaaaaaaaammmmm)))))))
Thanks. Have pics to take and get more items up. How are you doing???
Sal I couldn't agree more, within a little time it's gonna oxidize...