Friday, April 16, 2010

My Turquoise Has Landed in Metal Lace

It can be found here in my Etsy Shop through this Link


and I love how they mixed



This pretty turquoise is embedded in a pretty silver bezel, surrounded by sterling silver lace, the chain is about 70% made by me. I wanted to incorporate some of my favorite things into the chain. You will see lacey metal, loops, and my favorite little tubes slightly flared completely made with my hands.

This necklace hangs 28"
It's super versatile and you can wear it several ways.

Like all of my work, this is signed with my mark.


Was hoping to get a photo wearing it
I need to work on that...
meaning- I'm vain
and
it's a flaw of mine


Will be listing this shortly
and I do believe
it's Grandma Worthy
Meaning (my beautiful Native American grandmother would have worn this)
i love you grandma

7 comments:

Willow Branch said...

How do I get my stones to get stuck in such a pretty setting. I usually have to fight them just to get them in there.

Seriously, that is simply breathtaking. It is totally Grandma worthy.

Pam

ckdowns said...

Eeeeep!!! I love your lace and turquoise--and the chain elements--this necklace tells a little story all its own!

VERY Grandma-worthy, I'm certain!! This piece just bursts with new beginnings and spring!!!!


Ooops...lots of exclamation points there....sorry...we're having a sunny, NON-WINDY day...I can hardly contain myself and I have to work for three more hours......

Sending BIG sunny hugs!

Fanciful Expressions said...

A beautiful stone like that deserves a gorgeous setting and you did it.
I'm positive that your Grandma would love it.

CarolynArtist said...

PAYAM! you are such a kind and giving artist!!! (please kiss Dakota for me :-)
Caroliiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by, I've missed you but I know you are one super busy talented prairie woman!!! I'm glad it's not windy. Is it weird to realize my grandmother is my muse? I need to think about this! :P
Hi MaryAnnnnnnnnnn!!! It took me a while to put this one together, and I like going slow, I've recently discovered, wait...maybe slow isn't the right word...I enjoy savoring my time with each piece.
You guys make me giddy!!!!!

Heather Fawn said...

Beautiful♥

Willow Branch said...

Care, it's not "weird" at all to have your Grandma in this piece. We're all a victim of our heritage & environment if we are so effected, just some are more cognizant than others.
Grandma is so honored.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Heather! :-)
Pam, see? That's my insecurity flaring up.