Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home Made

Birdie Feeders, to make or to buy, or both? I LOVE the idea of making my own. So far the feeders I've found are all "for kids" and fairly simple...so...it sounds like home made and recycled birdie feeders are right up my alley.
Think plastic bottles, wooden spoons and wire,
If it’s so ugly, I'll find a way to make it pretty :-)

I'm taking this week to unplug from work, from being online as I type this online and stay connected online, baby steps, I walk away with baby steps.

When I reopen my Etsy shop there will be quite a few changes which will serve to keep customers happy and me sane. (er, me saner) :P

Already I'm craving color and sketching out ideas. I'm also looking around my house for other creative outlets, seasonal explorations within these walls...I think it's a nice reminder for those of us who focus so intensely on one thing. (esp those of us who run our own business)

I wish I had some pretty pictures for you.

9 comments:

Nay said...

I bought this book yesterday at Barnes & Noble: Attracting and Feeding Backyard Birds. There is no author, but the Contributing Editor is Jen Green. It was $5.99 and shows all these great artistic birdfeeders and how to make them.

michaelchrisp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryann said...

Enjoy the challenge of making your birdfeeder Carolyn!
I'm already looking forward to the reopening of your 'new'shop. In the meantime, do enjoy your time off.

Isn't it amazing how 'creative outlets' can present themselves within our very own four walls if we bother to really have a good look?

Happy searching!

CarolynArtist said...

TY Nay, sounds like a book for me!!!
Yes Maryann, indeed it is amazing. Hope you receive your goodie soon!

The person who deleted. I'm wondering why you deleted? I ask because your name is very familiar.

Maryann said...

My apologies Carolyn. I realised as I hit the submit button that I was sending my comment under my son's account! I hadn't realized he was still logged on and though he knows of you,through me,he wouldn't comment of his own accord.
Hope this makes sense???

Lori said...

That sounds like a great idea. Post pictures when you make the feeder. Would love to see. I'm lazy - I'm a buyer. :(

CarolynArtist said...

thanks for letting me know Maryann, too funny, it did sound more female than male! :P
Hey Lori, I actually did try to buy one but wasn't sold on any. And I'm really really new to all of this (we stumbled upon feeding them during our odd snow storm and got hooked)

Janice said...

Carolyn - I saw this today:

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/04/how-to_make_an_ikea_plate_bird.html

and thought of you!!!

Janice

CarolynArtist said...

Janice you are so thoughtful! I'm still going to use my plastic bottles, I have about 5 or 6 hoarded...hubby is starting to worry about me :P