Monday, March 1, 2010

My Cup is Full

and I want to share it with you!

first off, my Peeps thingie is almost done, yes I am down to the last minute

I got a wonderful surprise from Mary of Etsy in the form of making it into a mass email that goes out to buyers. The theme is 'In Like A Lion' and has several categories.

My Shamrock made it...I hope to be making sending of these soon!


Sterling Silver Shamrock Slainte



oh boy this is FUN! :-)

Hope everyone is starting to warm up and the snow is melting...the birdies have yet to find our birdseed, but the squirrels are enjoying it!

Etsy Listing for Shamrock Slainte

5 comments:

Willow Branch said...

Congrats Care!!!! It's such a cool piece, I'm not surprised it was picked.

Unless I get the more expensive birdseed, the squirrels seem to like it better than the birds. I usually have to get the songbird mix with the dried cherries. The squirrels have chewed my wooden feeders, but they're still functional. Putting chili powder or cayenne powder in the birdseed helps keep the squirrels away (that's what's in the really expensive "no squirrel" birdseed). The heat only bothers the squirrels & not the birds because they're mammals.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Pam!!! (((Pam!!!) that's amazing information about the cayenne powder in the birdseed. But...what if a squirrel eats it and gets hurt? (or do they sniff it an back off? that must be...)

Yes we got the dirt cheap bird seed :P

We also threw it all over the mounds of snow on the deck, I heard birds might go for that too...

Kirsten said...

Hi Carolyn.... Cute Shamrock! I used to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeder by hanging it from a slender metal post, and greasing the post with a little cooking oil...... sliiii..ddee..... LOL.... :) It worked....

CarolynArtist said...

ha haaaaa Kirsten, well, that would be a hoot to see, but I'd feel sad for the squirrels. (i'm just happy they got food in the snow) now that the temps are rising, we have to stop just putting it out, we HAVE to get a birdfeeder that our kitties cannot reach!

CheekyLemur said...

Congrats on being featured!!
Such an accolade. Hope it brings you loads of sales.