Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grandmas Cuff and Alice

She wore this most days that I can recall...I wanted to leave the pixels large so smithers could see the beautiful perfect imperfections from the artist who made this piece. If you look closely, the edging is truly hand twisted, smithers can see this right away by following the line of the twisted silver from beginning to end. The beaded edges are not from a machine, they were hand made (yes both lines of tiny balls). I would rather hold in my hand a piece made by hand than something cranked from a machine any day. (then again, some machine produced metals are beyond incredible in their design and flawlessness)



I'll be producing and sending these out tomorrow, thank you dear sweet customers! :-)




If you are a fan of all things Alice in Wonderland I plan to have more pieces like this in my shop through summer (I'm channeling Alice!) This gorgeous piece was made and sold about 2 years ago. More to come...



I'm getting ready to dive into our back deck area and remove tree limbs and other things that flew around in the snow storm. It seems so long ago, but it really wasn't...now it seems everything that can bloom IS is pushing up to the sky. Must be because of all that snow melting into the ground (so says a Grand Lady from the Prairie)I tend to listen to her about all things nature related!

Happy Sunday :-)

4 comments:

Heather Fawn said...

I love the cuff!!!! Wow!!! I also love Alice in Wonderland!!! How awesome!!! Great work as always :)
~Heather

Maryann said...

Oh! Your grandma's cuff is such a beautiful work of art to treasure! It just oozes love and much affection.

The Alice piece strikes a whimsical cord Carolyn.Really looking forward to future inspired pieces.
Have fun spending some energy in the great outdoors!

mywifesstudio said...

Love the Cuff!!!!!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi lovelies! I could just stare at the cuff over and over. I should get a pic of it on my wrist, I don't know how she wore it so often...thanks for letting me share herr with you! :-)

I gathered and used so much wonderful energy in my suburban outdoors ove the weekend, then it rained and rained yesterday!!!
Yes Maryann, more and more whimsy, seems to be my style I'd say...