Thursday, March 18, 2010

Busy Busy Wednesday and Thursday Filled with Gratitude

I was so busy on a ring


which took hours and hours to get just right, I'll be adding these to my shop, in all Sterling silver, she's a spinner, but not flared. And the person I made this for is so wonderful!

I also added some color to my day by making a piece I believe my grandmother would wear, (you should see the chunky pieces she wore!) But this is my take, I softened up the pendant by turning the chunky steling silver into a lacy metal...and one more thing is on my mind for this piece...she needs a hand made chain, and I know exactly the chain to make...and the way it will look, and it will complete this pendant...this will be a beautiful instant heirloom for the person who decides to give her a home...stay tuned, chain addition coming up, (but I'm not rushing!)


I miss you Grandma
your constant smile
steadiness
love
cooking
aprons
braiding my long black hair into braids
making me wear the silly hats out in the cold (which I hated but now love you for)
and the way you took care of all of your grandchildren

and to the Grand Lady of the Prairie who bought my Spring Flower necklace, I hope your boys are winning and lucky you for court side seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and I can't wait for you to see your goodies)

2 comments:

ckdowns said...

Sending you love back--and a convo!

And, yes, the boys WON--in DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!!!!!!!! Which makes the rest of the games run late today.

Oh well. :-)

Back tomorrow for more....






You know, you're pretty wonderful, the way you create motion and capture light in silver?????

CarolynArtist said...

Goooooooooooooo TEAM!!!! Yay Caroline! *off to check convos*