Saturday, February 13, 2010

Paula's Custom Spinner Ring...

(a lil note, never wear a yellow shirt when photographing a shiny metal! going with grey next time!)

I had sooooooooo much fun with this ring! Oh the layers of metals felt like painting. It was a super duper tactile experience. Between the 2 of us working out what would look, feel and work best we came up with this:


She's supa-chunka-deli-luscious! She's also very full of gold and sterling silver, but she's not pretentious. She just loves to move and spin!



It was a challenge to get the spinners to spin freely while keeping the integrity of the gold dots along the shank of the ring.



4 golds are used, and sterling silver...


Taking the rest of today off and enjoying some movies maybe even a date with hubby later!

What are you up to? (Oh and we totally missed the Vancouver Olympic opening, hoping to find it somwhere!!!)

8 comments:

Willow Branch said...

Hey there girly!! I've worn bright orange when trying to photograph silver & that doesn't work either. It's a gorgeous ring. I love the little polkadots on that band.

We had more snow last night..not like the snow you've had. Our's is just beautiful & only a few inches.

Pam

thebearaffair said...

Beautiful ring.....So sorry you missed the opening ceremony last night - It was the best I've ever seen and I hope you can catch it somewhere else. Hugs and have a peaceful weekend. Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Hiya Pam! More snow?Eep! Stay warm!!!
Sal, thank you, yes we really missed out, I'm sure we can find it somewhere On Demand?

sassyglassdesigns said...

What a beauty!!!

Heather Fawn said...

Hi Carolyn, I'm new to your blog :) That is so funny about the yellow shirt, lol. What a BEAUTIFUL ring!! I love all of your pieces,, amazing!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Ms Sassy! i'm loving your Laguna Agate I just found on your blog!
Greetings Heather Fawn~! Thank you! :-)

Peridots Garden Blog said...

Your jewelry is stunning!

Love your thoughts on photographing your piece while wearing a yellow shirt!

A couple of months ago I photographed several of my necklaces for a friend to look at via email. One necklace had a very SHINY cabochon. My Friend called me to say she especially liked the necklace with the stone that appeared to have a female image within....oooops that was me!

Sandy

CarolynArtist said...

Nice to meet you Sandy! That's funny, I can see people in their jewelry, it's kind of funny!
I can see my yellow shirt and part of my hand in the ring...yes to wearing grey! Though the yellow brings out the yellow in the golds? No, yes? lol...