Monday, February 22, 2010

Inspiration is Everywhere

Aren't these so delicate and pretty, they look like felted stones...




This nest was found hanging from our carport in the midst of all this crazy snow...look at what these little guys build over and over and over...


...and when the artist moves a piece just a little a new design forms...


Imagine my surprise to walk into my studio and find Bart in Puddie's box by my window...he looks a little guilty to me...


I'm opening my shop back up for the last week of February. I have an outside project I'm working on purely for fun, nothing to do with Etsy. (think Peeps, yes those marshmallow treats!)

Today I'll be working on a better system with regards to my custom Spinner Rings...it will keep me sane and you much happier about the designs you choose :-)

It was a super sunny morning when I went downstairs for coffee...the sun streamed in and filled the house and my soul with glee.

Giddyup giddy upgiddyup upUP! :P

5 comments:

thebearaffair said...

Love the pictures and yes, kitty looks very guilty. I also love you new header - guess I'm going to be forced to purchase Adobe....As I remember, it is quite expensive. Have a great week and hope your foot is better..Hugs, Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Yes Adobe is pricey Sal. I *thought* the app you mentioned was free online...I know etsy Storque (good luck finding the link) has a whole article on fixing photos, etc...with links too! :-)

thebearaffair said...

Picasa is free so I need to investigate its possibilities for editing. Hope you foot is getting better. I've had a back problem for three days now and can hardly walk. I think it has to do with the level of my work area because I'm always stooped over my work. Oh well - ever onward.

CheekyLemur said...

If it's the photo editing side of picasa you want, take a look at Gimp too, it's a lot like photoshop

CarolynArtist said...

I keep hearing good things about picasa, have never looked into it.
Sal, your chair should be lower than your table, so that you're not bending over it to work, that's what I learned...it seems to be true...IOW my bench where I do my sawing and have my flex shaft, is higher than a normal table but my chair is normal...not a tall stool, does this make sense?
(and maybe some heat and vino would help too?) :D