Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fresh Metal


is a lovely thing for this metalhead!

meanwhile, among other projects I will be making one of these...


I feel so grateful for the ability to work from home, create from home, and have a hubby who understands this artist could never survive in an office environment. I love him so much (bigger than the sky)

Last weekend we did this...the company hubby works for does volunteer work, and we signed on to spend a Saturday morning helping out with the USO. It's very moving to see what simple supplies go out to a person thousands of miles away, deployed, away from their family...maybe these goodies remind them of home, I know it keeps them from growing beards! Anyway, it felt good, we hope to volunteer more time, we loved doing this as a couple! (sometimes it feels good to get out of your own worries and sorrows and see the whole world...and realize how we occupy only a small part of it...and damn it it's just a good thing to do!:P)...pssst you get to have belly laughs too...and donuts...and other goodies :D (no Peeps were there!)



High winds are expected in our area, luckily we will dodge the snow this time around. I heard up north they got hit with a lot of snow. Stay warm!!!

Going to stick to my new schedule and close shop on Saturday and Sunday to be with my family...

7 comments:

susie said...

Look at that silver! I love the picture of those flat pieces followed by your beautiful ring. I know how you feel about working from home, I don't ever want to be in a cubicle again. Volunteer wrok is a wonderful thing, looks like it was fun too. Take care, keep warm.

Anji Gallanos said...

ohhhh yummy yummy metal. Love it!!! Getting ready to put an order in today...was hoping silver would go below $15.92..but alas no such luck

Anji

CarolynArtist said...

Hey SuzyQ! If i had to i would, of course...i think we artists are to wild to contain for long periods of time...you think?
Anji, silver was UP when I bought it the other day, gold was down, but nowhere near normal range!!! I feel your pain! (hope you enjoy your order of metals!!!)

Vita said...

Oooh one of these days I'mma get me one of your gorgeous spinners! ;)

CarolynArtist said...

oh Vita the Sweet! They're great fun to spin and play with! :-)

CheekyLemur said...

I've got one of her gorgeous spinner rings , and I love it!!
I'm a-waiting a little gold.
Getting impatient,
tapping foot.

CarolynArtist said...

tapping fingers...