Sunday, February 28, 2010

...and the Peep goes on...

It's been a pretty fun weekend. I spent yesterday building and building more props into my Peep Diorama for the local contest. (i'm learning so many odd things about the nature of a Peep)

Last night hubby and I enjoyed a great home cooked meal at our friends house. I was so tired/exhausted from my Peep project I took an afternoon nap and when it was time to get ready to head over for dinner I was grumpy and it took all the tickling powers of hubby to get me laughing and up to gather a second wind.

It's good to leave the cave, it's good to get outside even if you're only at the grocery store picking up dessert and libations for the evening. It's wonderful to sit with old friends and laugh and let go!

Later today my daughter and I have some shopping time planned. It's been a while since we've spent time alone together. (she works 2 jobs) I'm usually in my studio...or when we do meet up, it's in front of a movie...yes I admit I am a huge movie hound.

so...off I got into Peepdom land again...

It has been an outstanding month in my shop and I feel more than blessed. I'll be busy making spinner rings tomorrow in my studio...and I *think* classes resume again in Alexandria (the unusually large amounts of snow really locked us in for a bit) and class schedule was moved around.

This Peep girl is looking forward to spring!!!

This bloomed in the kitchen yesterday...yes pretty blooms happen even in the middle of a gray day...

3 comments:

thebearaffair said...

Peep-oops, sorry, that just slipped out. The flower is beautiful and I can't wait to see the peepdom finals. Hugs, Sal

Fanciful Expressions said...

Carolyn~~~I'm just dying to see what you're doing with the peeps. When are you going to post pictures?

CarolynArtist said...

Hey Carolyn! Working on spinners today. One minute i feel great about the peep show, the next i have serious doubts!!! :P Can't wait to reveal! Hubby and I are already planning for next year, the window of time given after announcement is teeny!
Sal, it was a lovely weekend! :-)