Friday, January 29, 2010

New Item for my AutumnLeavesHome Shop on Etsy

mmmmmmmmmmm cake! Cake? Cake! (and frosting!)

Etsy Shop Listing for Mini Candlestick Holder in Sterling Silver- Make a Wish!



first, may I just say I have not had this much sugar in one day in a lonnnng time...Note to self:

Self "yes?"

Please practice self control on the next foodie prop shoot

Self ::Thunk::

See? I told you so!



So, here she is...my miniature sterling silver candlestick holder for cupcakes, little cakes, anniversaries, birthdays, any kind of celebration.

I am making many of these with varying themes...so they'll be fun to collect!

Here's the first for AutumnLeavesHome shop on Etsy


if you click on pic and scroll to candle stick you will see I used my love of anticlastic forming for the stylized branch handle

My name is on the bottom, it is all sterling silver, tube was completely formed by me. (as was everything else)

The icing was really good...at first...then it started tasting like pasty butter with sugar and maybe a sprinkle of old water from a outside hose...you know...I took the tasting too far :P

(it was worth it)

15 comments:

thebearaffair said...

I love, love, love this. You clever devil. Can't wait to see the entire collection soon!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you so much Sal!!! I'm still recovering from sugar overload! :P

Maryann said...

What a delightful,beauitiful creation! Gorgeous accessory Carolyn.
By the way, any of those yummy cupcakes left to share???

CarolynArtist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CarolynArtist said...

Yes Maryann, come on over! I only ate one, and the frostinig off of the other.

(and thank you)

jmiller398 said...

She'll eat more before this weekend is over!

Very pretty work honey!!!

DH

Gina said...

These are beautiful Care!! Another thing I may have to collect from you...

CarolynArtist said...

Gina you are kind! I plan to have themes coming up soon...but simple, identifiable, but whimsical themes :-)

Dear Hubby,
I saw you eat a cupcake last night, you cannot deny it! :P

ckdowns said...

Wow--a bit of whimsy and sweetness and celebration all rolled up in silver--I LOVE it!!!!!!

Makes me want to celebrate LOTS of occasions--with or without cupcakes.



Although I definitely cupcakes are in order! And I think this little holder would look fine on brownies, too...or cheeseballs????

Okay, I'm getting cheesy. Seriously, Care, I woke up thinking about this little treasure this morning, along with the children's picture book "I'm in Charge of Celebrations" by Byrd Baylor--you've created a way to do just that!!!

Big hugs to you!!!
Caroline

CarolynArtist said...

Ohhhh Caroline! Hi! Hope you're not iced in or snowed in, or if you are may your sub-shelves of books keep you cozy!
Okay, THANK YOU, the icing was melting with the candle (which is why I had to eat them) BROWNIES WOOT, the won't melt!!! Great options!

Cheese ball? You mean like in the olden days? cheese ball...*thinking* not getting the image, which is all on my part...must google cheese ball...

Now I'll be at B&N looking for this Bryd Baylor picture book!!!

Huge cheeseball hugs to you Caroline! :-)

Willow Branch said...

Care that is just the sweetest thing!!!!! It is such a cleaver idea...I just love it!!!

Pam

We have snow, snow, snow his morning. It's so purty!!! Now fingers crossed we don't get the freezing rain/sleet.

CarolynArtist said...

Pam!!! How much did you get?Just south of us got lots, we have maybe 1-2 inches, but it's pretty.
Stock up on your snowed-in supplies Pam!!!

sassyglassdesigns said...

Care...what a creative idea - I love the candle holders - can't wait to see more. I love the direction your work is taking.

Jodi Flood said...

Oh my goodness--candlesticks what a fantastic idea, Carolyn. Your creative twists always wow me and make me smile. Nice job!

李小龍Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.