Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Luscious Deco Earrings in Turquoise and Silver

I was craving color and was full of emotion yesterday so I made these:

Etsy Listing for this item




They are luscious little swirly (almost with an art nouveau swirl- can you see it?) green and blue turquoise puffy pill shaped cabochons. The sterling silver has been textured by me and the bezels sit in a corner. These are thick sterling silver, but do not feel heavy!
Here's the back with the posts. The posts are Sterling silver as well. My hallmark and .925 are stamped on each.


My dear friend Jessica will be in town and staying with us for a few days. She is lovely and I hope to get some wonderful photos of her with my spinner rings again.

For the new year I plan to give my shop an updated look, the backdrop to these earrings are an example.

I've been sleeping in a lot lately...staying up too late? I'm not sure why. All of a sudden the time seems to pass and there's the stark realization it will be dark soon. I prefer to do my smithing in the light of day.

6 comments:

susie said...

That turquoise just leaps off of those earrings - love the color - love the contrast of those swirly colors and the straight lines of the silver. I need to get busy - only 9 more days and so much for me to make/bake/wrap/shop still. Really feeling the crunch over here.

p.s. still finding time to fit in a book though - The Wednesday Sisters- really enjoying it.

take care, enjoy your company.

thebearaffair said...

Beautiful work, Care. Love the color. Enjoy your friend and have a happy holiday. We are heading up to the mountains on Saturday for the week to get my snow fix-John is not quite so excited-too many years shoveling in PA I guess:0)

Willow Branch said...

Those are really cool earrings. The color of those stones are amazing & the simplicity of the setting is just perfect!!!

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Susie, Sal and Pam! (Susie I used to be able to do that! find more time for books! Good for you!)
Sal, I pay the neighbors kids now, hubby prefers to do it, I prefer him not to, and i like seeing the looks on their faces! :-) Have fun!
Paaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaam you are too sweet, I just listed them.

Working on a last-minute custom order which just came thru...

lalalala la
I'm craving Diet Coke from the fountain, which means, look presentable HAHAHHAHA teeehehehe

Willow Branch said...

I loooove Diet Coke from a fountain. It's so much more fizzy & "sharp"

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

me too! Found some choccy with espresso OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cha cha cha!!! (so, when I do leave to run an errand later, I can go in my jammies and coat, it'll be dark tee heee)