Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stacking Rings

make wonderful stocking stuffers, little gifts, big gifts, just because gifts! I'll be making some today.

Hello, just a few things from my creative corner of the world :-)

I'm hoping for some sun to get pics of my 2 new pieces to show you. I'm pretty excited about one in particular because it represents my branching out from jewelry into containers, with lids....oooo I can't wait to get pics of this piece.

My instructor keeps encouraging me to step outside my comfort zone...and he's right about this -
It's only metal, it can be remelted, it isn't the end of the world if it doesn't turn out perfect.

and...I like to think

Yes! After several changes the piece DID turn out fantastic and I am proud of it!

It's also very lovely to dig deep into your creative brain and make something from your soul, not that all of the smithed pieces on Etsy aren't AMAZING! (they are!)

~it just feels good to create something in my whimsical style, don't we all? <-Crave to create from our own souls?

News from my home: this guy is sick going on day 2...this was taken this time last year...he's not a happy camper today...sooo, I must tread lightly with my hammer taps again...(he's refused coffee for 2 days now, that's pretty serious! or dramatic) :P

7 comments:

John said...

If he isn't better by Monday, he needs to see a doctor - seriously....Dr. Sally recommendation;0) (the one who NEVER goes to a dr unless bleeding to death!!)

John said...

John said?????????????Who is John?????????? My husband and your husband but not the sender of this message - strange things are going on in this computer....

CarolynArtist said...

Who is John????

CarolynArtist said...

Um, Sal? Did your hubby right that? Or do we have a little gremlin?

CarolynArtist said...

hubby thinks maybe your dh was still logged in?

thebearaffair said...

dh is absolutely correct - I figured that out after I posted to you. He normally doesn't use my computer so I didn't realize it right away....oh well.

jmiller398 said...

Thank your hubby for his concern. I think I'll be back at the desk tomorrow. BTW, Carolyn is a wonderful caregiver!

DH