Monday, November 2, 2009

I Made a Tube...(you don't say???)


(i really really really did...)for a custom order, and soon it will look similar to this (Personalized Instant Family Heirloom Spinner Necklace)...only different because it's custom with other lettering and a different date...Hope to have pics up by the end of the week, if not sooner...)you might be wondering why I made the tube (14 gauge btw) in lieu of buying prefab...and for me, the answer is simple, I love to heat, anneal, move, seam, solder a nice piece by hand...

Have you noticed how dark its getting? Does anyone like to Fall Back? I like that there's a change, but not the feeling of less light throughout the day.

when it gets dark it's fun to doodle with pics


The Etsy Gift Guides have had a LIFT! I've seen some pretty cool items up! (Items from friends too!!!)
This Sterling Silver Peach of a Dish with Swing Out LeafMade it to the One Of A Kind Etsy Gift Guide, I'm so thrilled, I want it to find a home. It's a ring dish, or trinkit dish if you will, all in sterling silver, all made by me, with a cute leaf that swings about any way you would like it to!

11 comments:

Willow Branch said...

Congrats to the Gift Guide Queen!!! I don't know how you make the things you do with our little torch...you sure know how to work it.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Congrats to YOU in the Jewelry Gift Guide!!! :-)
I do I just do...it takes longer but I dooooooooooooooo...I'll show the tube tomorrow when the SUN COMES BACK it's so dark already :-/

I like to watch the solder flow down the seam of the tube, and feel a little sad when it's over...weird eh

Jaime said...

Wow you lucky ladies!

Care I can't wait to see what you've been up too!
Jaim

Dana/WiredDesign said...

You know I just LOVE the tubes! :)

CarolynArtist said...

Jaaaaiiiiiiim, Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!! (wow the coffee is hitting me this morning!) or it could be the fact that the SUN is finnally shining down in DC! Yeah!
Dana, *blursh* Long time!!! I saw your ring in the GG too...
Jaim and Dana, it is amazing to see our fruits fly by in TM2 or Pounce, or new listings, and spot who made that piece. I can say That's JAIM's PIECE!!!!!! :P


I have new fingerless gloves, they have coffee cups on them, I'll show a pic later after necessary errands, then I'm glued to my studio till dark! :-)
Ahoy!!!!!!!!!!!

(mateys!!!)

CarolynArtist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thebearaffair said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful to be featured again and again. My granddaughter just won firstr place in the DC Foto Week contest and she is stoked!! It will be hanging along M street for a week I guess. Wish I could be there to see it in person!! Again, congrats and it's so good to see you all enjoying the fruits of your hard labor:0) Love, Sal ps....Santa Fe is wonderful too;}

CarolynArtist said...

Sal that's wonderful!!! What is the photo of? You are traveling so much lately!!!

Julie said...

Love your work sassy girl it's beautiful... off to read on...xo Julie

CarolynArtist said...

thank you Julie! Each piece has a lot of sweat, love and time put in! :-)

李小龍Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.