Sunday, November 15, 2009

Channel Set Ring in Green Turquoise

The sun is out the sun is out!!! I feel like shouting because it's been so dark!!!

Etsy Listing for Chunky Unky Channel Set Green Turquoise Ring




This was a very soothing ring to make for many reasons. (Oh the tactile experience) The burnishing of the bezel into the grooves of luscious turquoise cabochons felt so satisfying. The sanding and sanding of the silver and back to get the silver just so...was hard to let go of when it was over. (does this ever happen to you?) The way it feels on and the architecture of this simple piece is fun to ponder.

There is no oxidation on this ring, it will come in time, trust me! The band is doubled, very thick and smooth. This is best worn in the middle or next finger over as it's meant to cover about 3 fingers.

Size 9.25
my mark is on the inner ring shank, along with a .925 sterling silver stamp

i hope you like :-)

and I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!! :-)

7 comments:

Jaime said...

absolutly stunning Care - really a piece of art only you could make!

CarolynArtist said...

Jaim! Thank you!!! I wish it were my size, again a wee too large.

(i've been soldering with stones in water this morning and it is making me grumpy) :P

Willow Branch said...

Wow!! That is an amazing ring!!! Seriously, Care....that is just gorgeous. I love the way the middle stone is handing in there by team work (no I in T.E.A.M.).

Love it!!

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thanks Pam! If you look closer at the bezel walls i compensated for the middle stone ver well :-)

now i crave more anticlastic metal pieces with channel settings, I've done one which will soon be a lariat, but I'd love to do more...

Vita said...

I love it!! =)

Bisquit said...

Very nice Care, tight craftmanship and sweet green turquoise, OH MY!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Vita! Thank you!:-) Hey Kristin, thanks! It feels good on,my friend Jodi who was over today liked it. My daughter keeps telling me to make rings in smaller sizes, not sure...I just resized one that was purchased the other day...to a much smaller size...it's so hard to figure out what to make these as