Saturday, October 17, 2009

Turquoise Deco Lariat for my Etsy Shop

Etsy Listing for Turquoise Deco Lariat

This yummy piece of turquoise is quite chunky in width and depth. It is a pretty picture perfect pool of sky blue.

In the center there is a very tiny variation in color. (It is such a tiny area it's hard to find) This baby feels so good (for you tactile folks) to wear and rub around the stone or pull and loosen the chain.

I'm delving into my love of the Art Deco period. With very defined straight lines making up circles, arcs, curves and other shapes this is quite a minimalist piece. I love this piece!

The full length of the chain is 18" with a total length of 23" You can wear it long or short.

My makers mark is on the back, along with a .925 sterling silver stamp.

15 comments:

thebearaffair said...

Love it!!

thebearaffair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CarolynArtist said...

Hello Sal! Thanks, I wish you could smell the fresh brownies cooling on my stove! :-)

susie said...

She's a beaut - love that color and those shapes together!

Jaime said...

Care I love it! Great mix of colour with strong geometric shapes, oxidized with shiny.
Very lickable!

CarolynArtist said...

you guys make me smile so huge!
I wish I could give you all a piece of brownie!!! :P (Jami go ahead! it's like so shiny eh?)

Hoping to do more Deco with some layering of sweat soldering, nothing like the Chrysler building ha ha...

Willow Branch said...

Save a brownie for me.
That is a yummy necklace. I'm one of those tactile people. I really, really love the way you fabricated the "loop" part.

Pam

ckdowns said...

She's just beautiful, Care!! Lovin' the turquoise and the thought of brownies, AND the four blankets that covered you--what a grand combination for your rainy day!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Caroline all I need is an umbrella over my head attached to the couch. I gave you a brownie in the previous post...thank you for liking my work...
Thank you Jaim! I want to do more but there's only so much time, as you well know.

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

It's just PERFECT! I love it!

Candace said...

It's beautiful!

ckdowns said...

Thanks for the blog-brownie--VERY kind of you. So what's this about being sick?????? Take care, dear Care--and treat yourself to those cozy blankets!!!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Tammy and Candace I love seeing your smiling faces!
I will not admit that I think I'm sick Caroline. So...I'm in denial! could just be a change in the weather? (i slept most of yesterday so i don't wanna lay down anymore!) Maybe I ate something funny...having first coffee since Saturday and boy is it good! :-)

CarolynArtist said...

This little sweetie just sold and I'll be mailing her to France tomorrow, awwwwwwwwww if feels so good! :-)

CarolynArtist said...

I wonder if theres an interesting American treat I can include???