Sunday, October 25, 2009

Retro Red Round Ring

I was busy today...

New Etsy Listing for Retro Red Round Ring


I love this ring. This is what came out of me today. (i mentioned before i have been craving color) Here she is. I wanted simple lines and flow to go with the pretty, shiny deep red enameled dome cabochon a fellow artisan made.

She is a size 8.25 A half round (very matte) sterling silver ring shank is connected to a bezel made of copper and fine silver. I wanted to have a contrast in metals on the underside of this pretty ring.

I love that the cabochon is round and domed, the dome is not perfectly centered, that would just be so predictable, this ring has character.

I chose not to oxidize because the red enamel is such an eye magnet, also there's a bit of black in the red.

Isn't it lovely to take such a delicate piece of enamel and encase it in strong metal?

Hope you like her too...

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Care you read my thoughts! I literally just finished cutting out some copper to enamel!
Love that colour!
Jaim

susie said...

Love that red color - I have an enormous red and green olive that I made in metalsmithing class, my only try at enamel work. Love the simplicity, makes that "stone" really pop.

Maryann said...

Love this ring! It's 'simplicity' is what I love the best.The gorgeous redness stands alone.

Clever Carolyn!

Willow Branch said...

Awesome ring!!

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Jaim! I love this color too! I want more more moooooooooooooooooore of these! :P NOw I have a local source for them. (i hope) i know everyone keeps telling me it's easy to learn but I don't wanna buy more supplies and tooooooooools!!!
Susie!!! Set that pretty you made girl! (or does it have a hole?) Is it flat?Will you take pics?
((Maryann)) What's the weather like where you are? What are you up to? I know what you mean, I wish there were a way to just show the actual little disc, ahhh but it needs protecting. I never realized what enamel was made of :O
Pam!HI HIHI!

miznyc said...

gorgeous Care and you already sold it! congrats! :D

CarolynArtist said...

Hiiiiiiiiiii Nina!!! How are you? Yes a special lady bought it :-) Can you believe the colors of the leaves in our area?