Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Noisy Plume's shop on Etsy


made my day when this arrived. I bought it for myself, a treat~ for my birthday which is this Friday. I will be FORTY SEVEN OMGOSHhhhhhhhhhhhh...

If you like the look of this very well made, well crafted, ring...if you love an artist's canvas in metal that has been so well composed, you will love TheNoisyPlumes Jewelry

I brought her ring into my metalsmith class today (this marking 3 years of smithing classes for this ol' gal- and a lifetime of being an artist) and my instructor loved it. He was able to hold it and tell me all the work and steps that went into it. He liked all the little touches that make such a huge impact. The way it is finished. The smoothness...and the other students oooed and aaaaahed.

It's wonderful to appreciate the differences in the types of stones we artists set and the way we approach our work. It makes me feel all warm and lovely inside to get to know these other artists! (I feel so honored and grateful!)

9 comments:

Jaime said...

It is so nice to be able to appreciate another artists work, to know the hard work and devotion that goes into a piece.
It is lovely!

Dana/WiredDesign said...

Wow - beautiful! (And I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!)

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

Such a bold and pretty statement it makes! I need to make some really big pieces.
Happy Birthday early! You're not but 3 1/2 years ahead of me. Time FLIES!!!

thebearaffair said...

And 18 years 4 months behind me:) How can that be possible????? And you say OMGOSHhhhhhhhhhhhh...No, I say OMGOSHhhhhhhhhhhhh...Hugs to ya my dear!!! Love, Sal

ckdowns said...

That ring looks just perfect on your hand, dear Care--jewelry is meant to bring joy--WELL DONE on the birthday gift!!!!!

CarolynArtist said...

I need a manicuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure! :P

I am not Sal! And this year I cannot transpose my numbers 0_0 well I could...but I'd rather be 47...I think 50 will be huge for me.
Jaim I SO agree, share and appreciate the Artist in all of us!
Hi Dana!!! *waves* I still wear your cool stackers missy!!! (even though I know you set elaborate stones too!!!
Lol Tammy, I thought I was older than you!!! :P Yeah make some big pieces! Everytime I see this ring, I want to eat a huge piece of CAKE!!!
Caroline, what a great descriptive word...JOY...I agree...
did anyone catch the PBS specail on Craft in America (and why artists choose thier paths)? It was amazing, there was a woman who makes 1 book a year...and they are so elaborate and meaningful it blew my mind. She has more made after her initial book, we googled her and wow, she's quite an interesting person!

Ah the world without art, without literature, without all of the creativity we all share would be a sad void!


...and belly laughs, they are so much fun :P

Willow Branch said...

Watch out Batman!!! Jillian really is an amazing artist. Happy Birthday (early)!!! (((hugs)))

Pam

The Noisy Plume: said...

I know i'm late to the party but HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thanks so much for this blog post Caro!!! It was my pleasure to send this ring your way!
Love,
J

CarolynArtist said...

thank you Jillian, when I sport this ring I try to hold my right hand out as much as possible to share its beauty!