Monday, October 26, 2009

Fantastic Book and the Wedding Ring, 14k Rose Gold Spinner





Here's a tidbit on Wiki about the book...

I'm home sick today, I saw the doc this morning and am on some meds. No big deal, but it did curb my plans for the day. Had to cancel a fun smithing date at my friend Jodi's house. We'll have our ongoing class on Wednesday at least. (hubby is out of town this week...but we communicate constantly via text, celly, FB, you name it) :-)

The 14k Gold Spinner is done and ready to ship (actually it's been waiting to be shipped as the new owner wants it at a certain date.) It will be overnighted to her.
I was hoping to have a photo of the ring TODAY, it's just like the other 14k Rose Gold spinners I've made, yet each one has a unique touch. Each one is built from my hands with my soul and my sweat.

and it's for a Wedding :-)

I hope to have a pic up tomorrow to show you, I'm taking it easy today, planning on taking tomorrow off too.

Oh...and...

I
Love
Etsy

and thank you Emily and Mary! :-)

I love that art is not JUST about money and sales (if it is then one might burn out fast), it's about creating the piece, losing oneself within the piece and passing it on to someone who will love it right back. What a fantastic connection between artist and buyer. It must be the same with writers and readers.

That said...I am one happy camper!!!

13 comments:

ckdowns said...

You sound pretty good for being sick--I think making art, in whatever form, keeps us healthier and allows us to take a broader, brighter perspective on life! You seem to embody that, Care.....

sassyglassdesigns said...

Hey Care...take "care" of yourself and I hope you feel better very soon.

CarolynArtist said...

Caroline I whine so much to my family...(trust me) I believe what you said about taking a broader and healthier perspective on life! (though we all have our moments, at least I do!!!)
Thanks Sandi...hope things are going well in Sassyglass land!!!

Jaime said...

awe Care hope you are feeling better soon ( you must be feeling under the weather if you cancelled a smithing date!!)
And you are very right about burning ones self out when it is only about the sales. It is so much more to me ( as I know it is to you!)
Hugs
jaim

susie said...

Feel better! I wear my spinner your created often - it is truly one of my faves. I think it is so cool when you think of all of the people wearing your pieces, especially the wedding rings. Very special.
P.S. I LOVED that book - my best friend has twin boys with Asperger's, and my son did not meet diagnostic criteria, but I do believe he may fall somewhere on that spectrum. The older I get the more I realize there are probably a lot of people (some I know) who may have his syndrome but are undiagnosed. What an interesting life he has had.

CarolynArtist said...

Jaim, I still wear jewelry from fellow Etsians...it's so cool to get to know you and everyone. (and I keep all the handwritten notes!!!) I'm sappy...are you sappy?
omgosh Susie, I keep hearing about undiagnosed Aspbergers. It didn't even make it into the DSM until when, the 80s? It seems Autism has quite a large spectrum! It's very moving to see through this guys perspective. We all seem to fall under something...it seems, maybe I'm stretching here...(i'm happy you stll spin that ring girl!) :)

Jaime said...

total sap over here lol I still have a card you sent me ages ago when I bought some stones off you. Just today i was cleaning out my desk and came across it - I made sure to keep it and put it in a special place!

Maryann said...

Rest well and get better soon Carolyn.
You asked how the weather was over here? Absolutely glorious this week!Warming sunshine, gentle breeze and the garden looking at its best!If only it could last.....Hope you're having a beautiful autumn.

CarolynArtist said...

Huge sap over here Jaim:O)I put cards on my studio wall...
Maryann it must be nice! If it weren't for the rain our autumn would be sooo pretty...

Willow Branch said...

What's happening??? It's all sticky in here. Did I miss something? ;P

The ring sounds absolutely lovely.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Pam, what is sticky? Like a stick you roast a marshmallow with? Or a stick you wave all over yourself for a purty day???

Jodi Flood said...

Hey Carolyn--Hope that TLC from Angelica and medicine have brought some relief to you.

I love what you said about art being about losing yourself in a piece and then passing it on to someone else to love... You are a wise, wise woman! I wrote it down and posted it near my workbench.

CarolynArtist said...

It has Jodi! I'm also enjoying hearing about DH's food intake on Facebook :P

I should write it too, so I always remember when I'm feeling non-creative!

Tomorrow??? Alexandria....we smith onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
(Perks is still closed I think, maybe if we make good time we can stop at the Starbucks right as we get into DelRay :-) (it couuld be another jammed class!!!)