Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Busy Busy Day in Old Town Alexandria (a day in photos)

Can you tell I didn't drive Mini for almost 2 days? Mini totally blends with the autumn leaves!:-)

Jodi headed over from her town to my home, then we transfer over her tools and goodies to Mini, and head to Old Town Alexandria for smithing class.


It's amazing how much we fit in the back of Mini, the seats do come down...


Driver side view from inside sweet lil Mini Cooper


Jodi is so patient. Doesn't she look like the Pretty Leaf Fairy?



At the studio...there were about 15 of us!
Miss Diane is always smiling! Notice the ring she is working on?



An often seen pose, this is Jodi at her work bench going under the table for either a tool, metal, or a snack






Pieces I made (well...started) today...along with a view of my MESSY bench, which imo is the sign of a busy person:P




This is Sweet Caroline, she reminds me of Debra Winger...she works hard in class...and tells the best stories (if you look in the mirror you'll see Care (me), and Nick (instructor) talking to Jodi

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Holy Cannoli that is a lot of leaves! They haven't really dropped that much here yet. The lil mini is buried!

CarolynArtist said...

It was covered! It sat for a day and a half, under a big twee. It's also been raining...making the leaves stick...

Asil Designs said...

These pictures with all the leaves are sooooo appropriate for your name "Autumn Leaves"
Your class looks like a lot of fun!!!

CarolynArtist said...

the class is so much fun. it feels so good inside to connect with other artists in person, see what they're up to, catch a bit of their inspiration, and here some very funny jokes |:o)

thebearaffair said...

Great pictures. We had some snow today and I love it. I can't wait to get back to Green Valley and get back in with my smithing buddies and soak up some of their expertise. Great pictures. thanks for sharing. Check my blog if your computer will allow:0) Hugs, Sal

Jodi Flood said...

The second I heard you take the picture of me bending to reach under the workbench, I knew it was gonna make it onto your blog... knew it... knew it... knew it!
= )

Well, I had fun chit chatting today and am amazed at how many pretty rings you were able to get started. As the man cub says in The Jungle Book--"Oh, oobee doo, I wanna be like you!"

CarolynArtist said...

:O)Jodi, i had to! Plus, look at that gorgeous haiir of yours!!! I bet if I sit on your right next week I won't talk as much (the left ear thing) wanna try that??? I will never sit where C sat!!!! o__O