Monday, October 19, 2009

Be Safe

Etsy Listing for Be Safe



This is what I always say to my daughter, my hubby, or anyone within that realm when they leave the house. Be safe! It's almost a 2 syllable 1 word saying that can also mean I Love You...at least around my house.


This is Mexican Red Crazy Lace, one of my favorite stones to work with. Do you see all the variations of red as it fades to white? I'd mentioned in a previous post I was working on a new piece that reminded me a bit of the drawings from Lascaux. (Of course now it looks nothing like them - the size of the stone and shape after I made and seated the stone into the bezel had me thinking of Cycladic idols as well...) Post chain, and other handmade charms this is definitely a pendant with a lot of loving meaning behind it.

The back has my makers’ mark, along with the star which I seem to be grasping at lately in my work.

The chain is 18" long. The charms are attached to the end of the chain so it can be extended to 19 1/2" if you so wish. It looks great with one or both of the charms hanging from the clasp in the back.

::::::::::::::::Edit::::::::::::::
this is me a few minutes ago...It took me most of the day to admit aloud that I have a cold. I have a COLD. It's no big deal...it's not the end of the world, but it's very time consuming...you know??? The rice is getting boring, as are the other plain non-delectable foods.
Saturday night I was feeling very queasy at our friends house (where hubby and I shared an amazing feel-good delicious meal...then upon arriving home...well I'll spare you the TMI details!
Suffice to say more rest is in order. which means more reading time...more blogging?

i can be upside down but i can't go eat chocolate or run around the house

9 comments:

JudyB said...

That's one of my favorite stones as well. Lovely piece!

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Judy! Glad to see another fan of that pretty pretty stone!

thebearaffair said...

Love this piece Care....Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Sal, thanks...wow you were up late!

Candace said...

Carolyn again a beautiful piece! I do hope you feel better soon.

Willow Branch said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Love the stone & "tags". A really beautiful piece.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Hey Candace and Pam, feeling better :) thanks...Pam, they seemed to flow with the theme of the one I used to top off the bezel for the stone...:-)

The Noisy Plume: said...

Hey sugar britches...watch OUT! It could be the swine flu.....lots of water and OJ, vitamins, sleep. Get better!
XO
J

CarolynArtist said...

Hey J,
Too sweet you are, I had an appotintment, then worked in cold connections today, then fell into a long nap...;-)