Sunday, September 27, 2009

!Oh My Vacuum

sucks so efficiantly...

And it's the beginning of a new week and time to clean house, so to speak.

I'm torn between having a truckload of energy for smithing and risking losing that energy on this house.

I have received 1 lovely Weekend Deal Etsy order and I am over the moon for it. Just as my last ones were fulfilled, this will have my heart and soul put into it, every detail tended to. (I love this part of the business, getting a baby ready for the world and to its new home!)...and as I say, it's not about the numbers of items I sell, it's about making the piece and sending it off...it's a beautiful cycle! :-)

Mary Karr, an amazing American writer, commented back to me on Facebook. I was so excited to hear from her. I look forward to new work from her!!!

As I glance over at my tools I start to get a giddy surge which fills me and propells me.

I wonder if its possible to vacuum, sit and work on a piece in my studio, vacuum more, and temper that distaste of house chores? is it possible? It must be!!!

Last night I cooked a yummy fall meal for us, and later today will make time for pumpkin bread! MMMMMm oh those spices!!!

I don't have any fun pictures to show...my photo taking has not been as snappy (get it?) *groan* I know...

oooOOOOoo wait, I found this, I knitted these 2 years ago and hope to find time to make more pressies for family and friends this year!!!

5 comments:

CheekyLemur said...

What you need is one of those vacuum machines that do the vacuuming unattended and are small enough to do underneath the furniture. Then, you can smith while the chores are done for you. Alternatively, ask the hubby.

CarolynArtist said...

Cheeeeeeeeeky I need I need what you say. I know someone who owned one. They lived in a condo, one floor. Yes it would be lovelty to have it just mill around and suck up cat hair!

I guess it's time to go suck. Or as you guys say Hoover(?) I've got the tumbler going, no more excuses!

Alison Russell said...

I agree - tumblers are a perfect way to do two things at once! Unfortunately before I can use mine again I need to pull the dishwasher out from the wall and pick up all the steel shot that fell between the dishwasher and clothes washer when my husband knocked my tumbler over last week :< Figures the one time I leave the top off...

CarolynArtist said...

LOL That has happened to me, only not behind a big washing machine! Doh! I'm never too far from the tumbler and I check often, not sure which is more fun, cleaning broken raw eggs from the floor, counter and drawers, or shot and soapy water all over the work table and floor! (or in your case the laundry room) Good luck! :-)

CheekyLemur said...

Heeeey! I purposely managed not to say Hoover!