Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More Studio Classes

Classes start next week. I look forward to expanding my brain (trust me I have lots of room for expansion...)

My plane flew in last night and I was so happy to touch down at Dulles. Of course, near the end of my stay in Oregon I actually was on Pacific time. So....this morning was a tad sleepy for me. I had an appointment and even started a new knitting project this morning.

It's quite rainy and overcast here, perfect weather for journaling and knitting, cozying up with family and making some new metal pieces.

I have been reading a smith book I found at Powell's Book store in Portland, Oregon. It's always a good thing to go over the little things we do daily (sort of a quiet refresher course for the brain before I fall asleep)

Next week when classes start back up I will definitely take my skills to the next level for myself and hope to pass some pretty nice items along to you for sale.

I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

This is me and my friend Karin, from wayyyyyyyyyyy back (who moved to Portland- and moved from here) she is a gem. No matter how much time we spend apart, when we are back together we are sisters.

6 comments:

CheekyLemur said...

The photos are great, you look so happy and contented.

Willow Branch said...

Welcome home, Puppy!!!! We missed you. It's funny, I just found my knitting books today. I'd love to learn to knit, but I think I neeed to take classes. My Grandma knits....left-handed..she tried to teach me, but it was so hard for a leftie to teach a rightie.

It's good to have friends like Karin.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

I am Cheeky thank you!!! :-)
Hey Pam! I had to take classes to learn to knit...took them thru Michaels (went with a friend, made it more fun) That's funny she's a South Paw so you coulnd't learn, yeah...it would be hard. I wonder how she figured it out?
There's something about the change in season that makes us crave the soft textures! If you were here I'd teach you!!! :-) (it's easy peasy once you know the basics)

lisaslovlies said...

Welcome back Carolyn! You are looking gorgeous in those pictures with your friend! So glad to have you home :)

jmiller398 said...

and she's my friend too! Welcome back DW. I missed you!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks, it was good to see her! :-)
Hubbyyyyyy Hi! (i missed you too)