Friday, September 18, 2009

I Fear No Fate-





For you are my Fate- My Sweet
-ee cummings

This is inscribed onto a part of the necklace. The flowing silver lines, briefly interrupted by pretty little orbs of red jasper and more silver as it falls down to the pendant takes the eyes back around again. Green turquoise is nestled into a fine and sterling silver bezel. Red and Yellow golds remind me of what it must have been like to take a chance, to travel away from home, and stumble upon spices and golds and other exotic things.

I have been meaning to make this piece, as I said in earlier blog posts...extending some of the lines from ee cummings poem, I carry your heart.

This piece was a joy to make because I was able to play with lines and flow and balance and color. It also is an external expression of my travels this past month as I flew, home, to Oregon and back, home, to Northern Virginia. And I remember all the while to continually balance my emotions and take deep breaths and giggle a lot.

8 comments:

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

I LOVE it!

CarolynArtist said...

Morning Tammy! Thank you! I spent a long time gettnig the lay or is it the lie? not sure, lol, of this piece so it would sit beautifully on ones chestal area.

How are you?

Dana/WiredDesign said...

Beautiful - love the colors together!
Have a wonderful day Care!

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Dana! (hugs!)

Willow Branch said...

Dat's purty!!

I love the angles & twists & turns & the way it lay lies. The colors & the way you've used the stones, along with the setting, does make it look a bit exotic. Like some kind of exotic coral snake wrapping itself around you.

Pam

susie said...

Love the poetry pieces- a piece that surely tells a story. Agree with everybody else, great color combo - I'm gonna need a closer look at that chain and see what it looks like on-looks very cool.

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you Pam! :-) I need to purchase a chesty bust for pics or learn to take better ones on my own
Hi Susie, i'm so glad you like, I'll work on pics of it actually on me today...

Willow Branch said...

My friend Candy has a chesty bust, but you'd have to come to Durham......or you could just send it to me & I'll take the photos. I'm pretty sure I promise to return it....maybe.

Pam