Thursday, September 24, 2009

Acorn Brooch(es) for my Etsy Shop


Back side, the back is just as important as all other angles, imo...Artists I hope you are signing your works! :-)

Just in time for Fall...my daughter has been gathering acorns and leaves and placing them around striking red candles we have. I love the simple act of her finding beauty in the fallen acorns, the variations of colors and sizes. She saw a squirrel stuff more than one in his mouth and run off, and noted they were green.

Leave it to nature to inspire, and someone close to us to carry that inspiration in near enough to move an artist to create.

This is the first of many. Some will have leaves attached, others will be conjoined, just like in nature. I'm already imagining that fat squirrel with a full cheek and part of the acorn sticking out.

Hope you like this. It was fun to make!

7 comments:

susie said...

I've been doodling acorns and leaves and mums. I love this time of year. Love your acorn. I will be signing my next piece (hopefully tonight, god willing and if the coffee kicks in). Enjoy your day.

Janice said...

Carolyn! These are so adorable!!! You are one extremely creative lady! :)
Janice

Willow Branch said...

Now if that isn't the cutest thing!!! I love the little acorn, I want to stuff it in my mouth & run off. That is such a cutie!!! I love how you did the cap.

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Hey Susie, how could I forget about mums??? Looking forward to seeing your signed work! :-)
Thanks Janice, I'm wonderng if they need faces, but that would be too cutesy eh? :P
Pam, I can see why the little buggers collect them (the real nuts, as in, the real acorn nuts) Heck, is an acorn a nut? (as in a legume...wait, is a legume the same as a nut?) You know what Mean!
Is Legume french for nut?
Anyway I'm having more fun with varied caps, which makes me wonder if they might need faces :O

SamIAm said...

Tooo cute! What a fun fall design you have created!

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you! I think I just saw you promote me on FB! How incredibly kind of you!

sassyglassdesigns said...

What a great design for fall.