Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rejuvenation Through Art and Touch

Yesterday was very rough. I did everything I could think of to get through the darkness and into some light.
Hubby helped greatly just by talking with me and touching me (amazing how human touch can bring someone back from a black hole) Hearing my daughter talk and go up and down the stairs was wonderful. The feel of my cats purring warm body was a dim delight. (I realize now how delightful and lucky we are to have our cats)

I spent quite a while on a watercolor too. (As I fell in and out of a fitful slumber- dry water color pencils) The colors helped to express my moods and emotions. The lines once hard and soft evened out as I leveled out on the inside. I was surprised how much came out of me onto the paper as I looked at it today.

Anyway, not to belabor the point...art is a wonderful cure and an amazing presence in this amazing world!

Here's a custom piece finally set and ready to ship tomorrow. Isn't her stone amazing? (She sent me the stone to set) Also, I kept one element open so it is a sort of 'convertible' piece. She can hang the pendant with or without the spinner. She can have a revolving day with just the spinner if she pleases. I'm just glad she trusted me with her precious stone. :) (Oops I forgot to get a shot of the back, but you can see it pre-shine in my previous post)



Here's what I worked on today, yes it is finished. I wanted this look. I'll be playing around with many more rings like this. The band is very thick, 2mm and is so comfortable.
Open Pod Ring




These wavy rings are not finished...yet...I have more to do but wanted to get a photo of them in this state. There is a texture running around the wave, and then a spot left blank, on purpose, the inside has no hammer marks because, well I didn't use a hammer so it is very clean.


That's about it. I plant to get some Open Pod Rings using various golds made next. I'm digging the use of negative space as a positive attraction.

Hugs to everyone! :-)
oh and I'll add this again ~in order to keep rubbing out that awful stigma, I believe in talk therapy to help with mood swings.

7 comments:

susie said...

Your art therapy turned out beautiful. I like the architectural feel of the pod rings. Better days my friend.

thebearaffair said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs

Willow Branch said...

I'm sorry you're having a down day...hope things are looking up for you. The agate turned out beautifully & I love the look of the pod rings.

((((hugs))))

Pam

ckdowns said...

I wish we could give you a cinnamon roll hug through your blog...all of us would join hands, with you on one end, and then we'd spiral around with you in the center, and THEN all wrap our arms around each other and lean in...these are AMAZING therapy...done them with groups of teachers and with groups of kids, and they are always very popular and AFFIRMING...so think about that, as all of us send our love your way!

AND, the new rings seem very intriguing--what a way to honor the pod, which is so often overlooked!! Love the way you see the world....

Caroline

Candace said...

Wow, some wonderful pieces you create Carolyn! I'm so glad your're feeling better. Days like that are tough and I'm happy you're surrounded with love and art through those tough times. {{{hugs}}}

lisaslovlies said...

I'm thinking of you my friend. The necklace is very special, that gal is good with stones!

CarolynArtist said...

Goup hug! You guys are wonderful! :)