Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Metal, Mallet and Merlot

Meet Jodi. She's a peach. And she's Italian, in fact she's from New York near where my father attended West Point. She's an artist and a sweetheart. Jodi has been making and selling her jewelry to brick and mortar stores in and around the area for years. She also has an Etsy shop. We met in class at the Art League,in Old Town Alexandria, near the Torpedo Factory.
Realizing how close we live to one another -(and classes are out for the summer)- we decided to start some smithing play dates.

Here she is hard at work...she's making an item which will be on display this December in Alexandria. I'll update you with more information about that as the event approaches.


Gals do need their nourishment. We enjoyed cheese, humus with garlic, crackers and bread with some Merlot. (isn't her hair great? mine went flat with all of my pre-planning running around :O)


Earlier I managed to get my Etsy orders in the mail! I'm so grateful and thankful for every order I receive! :-) pssst we're still working, I just wanted to say "hey" and update my blog :-)

9 comments:

Janice said...

YAY! Have fun!! And thanks for sharing! Its always neat to 'meet' other artists, even vicariously! (sp?)

sassyglassdesigns said...

What fun! I wish I had another smithy close for play dates...enjoy!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi guys!!! It was a very fruitful day! Jodi got a lot done! I had a great time hanging out with her here. :)
Tomorrow it's back to the bench for me! Thanks for stopping by to meet Jodi!

thebearaffair said...

Sure wish I lived closer - drats!!! It is always nice to work with someone else and see how they manage themselves and their art. Have a great evening and hugs to ya!! Sal

bella-bijoujewellery said...

Care I am sooo jealous! I want a smithing playdate with you!!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Sal! I agree with you, it is wonderful to step out of our own creative world and into someone elses!!! (studio work at home can be a bit isolating at times as you well know...)
Bella Jaim I would love to smith with you! You could come to ongoing classes with us gals if we lived closer!

lisaslovlies said...

I wanna metal buddie!

CarolynArtist said...

Lisa you can come over too. I server ginger ale with real ginger it's spicy and good over ice!
My friend brought her latest book finds, wow it opened up another level of cold connection possiblities...I also need to go to Barnes & Noble and look around a bit more often at smithing books.
I'm always amazed at what each person is doing in class for a project...you know that V8 moment, smack on the head (OH YEAH I COULDA thought of that!) :P

Willow Branch said...

Looks like y'all had a great time. I'd love some real ginger ale too.

Pam