Sunday, August 30, 2009

Flying to Portland Oregon tonight...

Will be reading this on the plane (it's a re-read), followed by Ann Patchett's Truth and Beauty - both memoirs. The first is so beautifully written your brain wants to savor each sentence. The latter is a sweet memoir about the friendship between the two authors.



Happy Sunday! I'm feeling very calm and very giddy about flying cross the country to visit extended family and friends tonight. (and in between these feelings comes sheer panic) I miss my sister cousin so much!
Big bag is almost completely packed...

Making lists in my head which will soon transfer over to paper...you guys with OCD know what I mean, i'm sure i'm sure i'm sure!!!

Last night hubby grilled us some delicious juicy fat boigas, with these garlic potatoes that would set your tongue afire. Fresh lime into Coronas topped the meal. MMMMM m! (and it was pouring rain, but he was a super cave man ooga ooag, here is is...)


Dad stopped by yesterday, he is busy as always, traveling here and there, and it's always good to see him!

Crossing fingers that hubby and daughter can get Puddypie his SubQ liquids without having to drive him to the vet every other day. The distance isn't far, it's the traffic in this area, and the poor old guy (cat, not hubby) will be miserable in the lil Mini.

Look away if you're squeamish. I was out front deadheading my butterfly bush when I came across these two...wow, talk about a huge meal! The Cicadas are heeere!!!

10 comments:

sassyglassdesigns said...

Have a great trip!

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

I've been reading Ann Patchets' "Truth and Beauty" this week. I love her writing. "Autobiography of a Face" is next on my list. Alas, jewerly takes up so much of my reading time.

Have a great trip - I love going to see family I haven't seen in a while, but totally understand the feelings that go with all of it. Enjoy!

CarolynArtist said...

Thanks Sandi! I'll be taking lots of pics of the area, it's sooo pretty out there :)
You're reading it now? I look forward to it. It's amazing how wonderful both books are, and how completely different each of the writers style.
Yes, it's been a while since I've been out there :O)
Nice to go there as an adult, completely settled into myself :)

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

Have fun!
I love the bug pic, but cicadas are sooo annoying!

bella-bijoujewellery said...

Care I hope you have the most wonderful time on your vacay! I will be picking up that book, I could use a good read!
-Jaim

Fashionably Adorned said...

I love to travel but I always get a bit anxious also. have a great trip! :)

Willow Branch said...

Fly well!! I'm sitting here listening to the cicadas as well....I love that sound.

Pam

ckdowns said...

LOVE the bugs--what a great shot! :-) Happy flying--just thing of it as an excuse to read!! Looks like you have two grand books--I've wondered about both of those titles, so I appreciate your recommendations.

And have fun, fun, FUN with your family!!!! Go get inspired!!!

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Ladies! I'm leaving soon but wanted to check in here. Caroline, oh the writing from Lucy Grealy is incredible. The story is bittersweet, but the writing...!!!
I took my anti-anxiety meds the doc prescribed. Now I'm a tad sleepy.
Susie, wanted you to konw I have my bamboo knitting needles and lots o' yarn! :)
LOL Tammy, I need to check your blog for your bug updates!
I love the sound this time of year also Pam...
Bella Jaim, it's a fantastic story...both are...
Is it super corny to say I'll miss my daughter and hubby and cats? :P Gosh I'll only be gone a week.

lisaslovlies said...

I hope you had a good flight Care!
hugs & smoochies