Thursday, July 9, 2009

Introducing...Bart the Cat Brooch

...to be followed by many more. Bart is my very inbred cat, he is white with blue eyes and not too big in size. Bart hunts. He hunts for the family. Sometimes he eats his prey, other times he leaves them in his special spots for us.

He also mews like Marilyn Monroe. It's very breathy and lovely, but not very hunter-like. When he was a wee lad, his sister/cousin...you know (inbred) sister nursed from his belly until he was about 6 months old. He would look up at us and give us a very sad, desperate breathy Marilyn Monroe "mHEW". We discussed it with our vet and found out at some point it would just stop. 'Some point' occurred when Bart decided to swat his sister away from him.

I plan to play around with these brooches and offer up pieces of Bart in various situations. (I'm a huge cat lover)

I'll keep this one, it has a sterling silver brooch soldered to the back and the conversation area is copper. I'm not thrilled with the copper area, so will use all sterling silver after this.

I hope you like it.



Oh, and I missed class today so hope to make it up, I had so many chores to get done and quite frankly was feeling pretty down the past 2 days. Smithing has helped me keep my moods in check and express emotions in metal.

11 comments:

liz r. said...

Oh my God, that is hilarious. Poor inbred Bart.

I'm sorry you've been feeling down, though, that's no good.

wireddesign said...

You seriously crack me up. The text on that brooch just screams "Carolyn" - it's so YOU!

Keep working and keep your chin up - your new projects are awesome!

Linda said...

I love it!!

Just for the record...he's not THAT inbred...just a little bit. :P

Hugs,
Lynn

bella-bijoujewellery said...

Care that is awesome! I love that Bart mews like Marilyn - sexy lol
I love it!

jmiller398 said...

I'm still trying to figure out where you took that picture...

DH

sassyglassdesigns said...

Too cute! I love Bart's story...some of our goats are inbred also but I don't think any of the females tried to nurse the males :0.

CarolynArtist said...

Hi guys! Everyone meet Linda (Lynn) Bart's real mommy, as in she is the first mommy of Bart and did an amazing job of raising him~ and his (inbred) sister/cousin, Scrappy. They are so affectionate!

Hubby and I believe they have differnt dads though...so they are half-inbred...seriously I watched a special on Cats in the Womb and saw that there can be multiple fathers!!! It freaked me OUT.
(it would also explain Scrappy's extraordianry long tongue she has never grown into) o_0

Sandi, I have pics of the siter to brother nursing too... :O

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

LOL Poor Bart! You are too funny!
I'm sorry you've been down, and I hope it goes away quick.

Willow Branch said...

Love the Bart Brooch!!

Pam

CarolynArtist said...

Thank you ladies! I just listed it in my shop. And thanks for helping me with its title!
Tammy I am struggling, but getting thru it all...you know how mood swings go - they are wonky and cat naps do help :O)

Linda said...

Hugs Care!!!! I had folks at work oooing and ahhhing over you etsy store today. Such awesome stuff!!