Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Has it ever been better than Bob Dylan?

imho it has not. Anyway, it's been a super emotional night here and I found this...and remembered (way back in the 70s) sitting in my room listening to album after album after album...(before we had PCs)...when we typed on old heavy typewriters and doodled with real ink.

This song always reminds me of my daughter's aunt, Karin, and my daughter...I'm sure it evokes all kinds of memories with everyone...


Forever Young
by Bob Dylan
1974
Album ~ Planet Waves

May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

7 comments:

bella-bijoujewellery said...

I ♥ Bob.
Hope you are doing Ok Care - you know I am here whenever.
hugs
Jaim

Stacie said...

Hope all is well too...music always makes me feel better...I remember listening to Pink Floyd while coloring with felt tip colored pens these big doodle pictures that came in a tube...was I the only one that did those things? Love your blog...

Willow Branch said...

I'm a bad, bad Durhamite. tonight there's a concert with Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Bob Dylan. I didn't know, so I missed out.

Pam

Ps..I was still nice enough to tell people where the good parking places are

CarolynArtist said...

Bella Jaim, music always helps a weary soul eh? *hugs*
Hi Staci, I remember listening to Pink Floyd too...felt tip markers on the fuzzy black and smooth white paper sounds relaxing!
Lol Pam, I heard they were touring, someone has tix, I can't remember who. :O

lisaslovlies said...

Great tune....

thebearaffair said...

Hi Care - Hope all is well with you. When I read this blog it brought tears to my eyes. I don't remember the song but the words are powerful - I copied and sent it to my 16 yr old granddaughter and attached a note: Noelle, this is what I want for you. I will never forget this song from this day forward. Thanks Care and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sal

CarolynArtist said...

Sal, now that is so moving! The words are so powerful eh? boy I love this song!!!