Monday, July 6, 2009

...and on i march

into the world of vessels smithed from metal...I've got the first lid made...and will continue with this endeavor until I am in the zone!

Right now I have a spinner in the tumbler ready to ship. Another spinner has been sent.

And in between I'll make more poppy flowers because i am in the poppy zone right now! :-)

Looking forward to metal smith class this week - again.

We had 2 lovely bbqs this weekend, the first a thick thick steak and later we saw local DC fireworks and (not venturing to 'the mall' in DC) we watched the festivities on TV. Though I will say from experience, there is nothing like perching your body under the fireworks and laying back on the grass to see them. I bet you guys have amazing ones in your town as well.

We are huge fans of steak in this house!




Sunday hubby made ribs as we watched the final round of the Congressional Golf Tourney (AT&T Open) on TV with his pop, and Tiger won!

Bart - our hunter cat- brought us a chipmunk and a bird, ugh...hubby's duty is to remove the little critters, unless Bart chooses to consume them.

Favorite place to read outside, as opposed to out front...


Angie will kill me if she sees this, so it's hidden near the bottom :O


The vino was delish!

7 comments:

susie said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend with the family! Enjoy your day in the studio, have a good one.

Willow Branch said...

Steaks...yummy!!!! I haven't had steak in a long time, but I'm really craving one now. I'm glad everything seems to be rolling along for you in the studio...I love my poppy ring. Too bad you don't live closer (a lot closer). I could totally see us hanging out of your patio enjoying a nice glass of vino.

Pam

liz r. said...

Marching into the world of vessels . . . sounds like a title for a novel about the Renaissance.

We hung out with my parents yesterday, and my dad and brother were watching Tiger, too. The kids got bored!

The Noisy Plume: said...

Hey there sugar-puff!
Just catching up on your bloggity.
And more than ever, I reckon we'd get on fine over long island iced teas in my rose garden...

XO

CarolynArtist said...

Hi Ladies! I would love to eat a steak and have vino with all of you! Hello Jillian, I've never had one of those! :O Rose garden sounds lovely!

I've just listed my latest item, so many more types to come...If I could just cram 3 days into 1~!

bella-bijoujewellery said...

Yep - steak eaters over here too! ( and we had ribs last night for dins!)

I can't wait to see some of your vessels and boxes - Im so intrigued by them. I know they will be stunning because they come from your hands!

♥Jaim

PS - can I share in the long island iced tea drinking ?

lisaslovlies said...

what a wonderful weekend! you deserve it sweetie!